Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Awopradio for Sunday October 16th : Mike Farrell,Director of Death Penalty.Org, and also Jeni Decker author


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This Coming Sunday we will be welcoming Mike Farrell to Awopradio. to have a Discussion focused on the Death Penalty in America. The Execution issue is regaining focus due to the Execution of Troy Davis and the GOP debates ( and Perry's Record). Mike Farrell is known by many as a fine actor and for his work on M*A*S*H as B.J.Hunnicutt , but he also has worked as an activist for 30 years, educating and advocating on many Human Rights Issues, including the Abolition of the Death Penalty. You can read more of his fine Human Rights Work on his own website.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brave New Films video introduced by Cenk Yuger for "Meet the Bloggers"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some of the Mythes that are mentioned in the videos and on Cenk's blog are still issues that arise today ::

Myth: Death by lethal injection is painless and humane.
Myth: The death penalty provides "closure" to families of victims.
Myth: The death penalty is enforced only after all efforts for appeal have been exhausted.
Myth: The death penalty is faithful to the Constitution.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On GritTV ( Ann Flanders) (Sept2011) ( 2 Min. PSA on Death Penalty)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On GRIT TV with Laura Flanders speaking on many issues, (17minutes) Sept 2011, including speaking on Healthcare ( please see the 2 min PSA on Single Payer, Medicare4All in this video).


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MORE:::
On Mike Farrell's Biography and his organization, WWW.Death Penalty.Org , you can read more here.

Huffpo post on Issue has an article by Mike Farrell from 2010 that is a must read.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We also will be having Jeni Decker on the second half of the show to talk about her upcoming book about living with and raising her two Autistic Sons. Jeni Decker (@Jeni_Decker). "Author of I Wish I Were Engulfed in Flames." Earlier this Fall we had her on with Kat Nove as she is the Co-author of "Waiting for Karl Rove". We are looking forward to talking more with this creative writing Mom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Listen to internet radio with AWOP Radio on Blog Talk Radio

5 comments:

Carolyn Moon said...

Looking forward to this broadcast for Mr. Farrell is one of my favorite advocates for human and environmental rights!

Enigma4ever said...

thank you Amina....
really appreciate your comments.....I need to give you a shoutout this week ;-)


are you on the radio too?
I think you said you were ?

would like to learn more...

Unknown said...

1st picture is so awesome... the cat sitting on watch...water heater

Carolyn Moon said...

Allie, I started the Blog Radio process but didn't finish it, thus I have an account in name only which is actually the title of my blog. I guess at this point I'm prone to listening to broadcasts like yours and this other blogger..Dr. Errington Thompson. He's quite progressive as well. Both are on my sidebar.
The list of blogs I now follow is so long...I keep them on my manage list--dashboard/profile pages.

Thanks for the shout-out.

On a personal note...I wonder if he is as engaging as he appears to be. I loved him and Alan Alda in MASH. In fact, every so often I look at the reruns which I normally don't do but they were so ahead of their time with that series.

Enigma4ever said...

Mike seems to be very nice, he has been wonderful to work with setting up the interview....when I did my research I learned that he actually served in Korea, and now that I know that, it really finally hit me that it really gave his performance a genuine "real" quality that is immeasurable.....( he is also a remarkable actor)....for me I am just honored that we are having a guest on who has worked on Human Rights Issues for 30 years....really good work on so many fronts...

About the Radio....I asked because if you were working on a show I would tell folks to listen in ;-) I am grateful listen to our show....I will give you a shoutout this week...( if I get to do that, sometimes I don't really have a chance to say much when things get busy on the show....but you have given such good feedback and that really helps...especially someone like me who is new to this).