Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October's Challenges....

October was spent in a quiet struggle, unseen by most. I was trying to get into school. I started applying to schools in June and by July had applied to a BSN/MSN Nursing program and applied for financial aid. I have been working Temp jobs all year, so I needed to apply for financial aid. I actually got accepted to the Nursing program, but then the Aid part became a battle zone. It was a process that left me exhausted yet ever more determined. And then finally I did get into the program with the Aid I needed,at the very last moment. It was a breath taking bumpy ride that I am sure was supposed to teach me. So now I have debt, educational debt, but I know that I can not reach goals without that burden, so I must make peace with it. It will help me give 6-6 a better future and more choices. And maybe it will validate me as a Nurse....maybe....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats and good luck!