Tuesday, March 07, 2006

SUPERMAN IS JOINED BY HIS ANGEL OF GRACE

We woke this morning to hear that Dana Reeve, 44, Christopher Reeve's Wife had died of lung cancer.She announced her battle after Peter Jennings died in August 2005. We watched her all these years as she cared for the love of her life after his riding accident. We watched her speak with such brave eloquence about the importance of caregivers recieving care and support as well as the need for Research. We listened to her speak after her Superman died, and knew that her heart was broken yet her courage shined as she spoke. She showed that being a caregiver and a wife and mother could be done with Grace. Last year she spoke on Oprah with her son by her side, showing that even in grief there is joy, as she looked at her teenage son Will with loving maternal pride. You taught us well Dana.... Rest In Peace Dear one.

"Love bears all things, Believes all things, Hopes all things, Endures all things."
I Corinthians 13:4-7

" I honor the memories of those of us who are gone and I bless and honor the presence of those amoung us who stand tall like Evergreens."
Unknown

***********+++++++++*********+++++++++
[ Please leave thoughts and messeges below I will forward them to The Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation. For each messege my son and I will donate $5.00 to the Foundation. Namaste.]

**********++++++++++**********+++++++++

If you wish to leave Condolences for the Reeve Team or family , or donate please go to the following site:

http://www.christopherreeve.org/site ,

[If you wish to know more information about the Foundation and Ongoing Work and Projects , please go to
http:// www.paralysis.org/site , this site explains about the Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Resource Center . ]

If you wish to snail mail a contribution in Dana's name:

The Christopher Reeve Foundation (CRF)
636 Morris Turnpike , suite 3a
Short Hills, NJ 07078

phone: 800-225-0292 or 973-379-2690

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

For Dana: when your husband first realized his true condition & thought he should just end it all right then with your help, you counseled "we can always do that later if you decide. let's try life this way & see how it works out." As a result, all our lives were enriched as we saw & admired the mighty struggle of a beautiful soul. Christopher was able to see his children grow up & they were able to know their father fully. All as a result of your efforts. Through such a struggle, your hearts truly became one, and now may you step into eternity forever together.

For Enigma: if you pass along the Foundation's address, I would gladly send a contribution directly. Otherwise, maybe you have a PO box for you to accumulate contributions to forward with your messages? D.K.

enigma4ever said...

DK: I am working on it- I found two different addresses this am, so I am trying to figure it out.....( I won't want to call them today- they are probally swamped with calls- but by 4pm I should have the right one up- Thanks). I will still match for the messeges left here...

enigma4ever said...

Click on the title of the post and it should take you to the Foundation now....

Rory Shock said...

That's very beautiful. An example of humans at their finest. As a nurse, you've had to be real with this kind of thing more than the average person, I'm sure, and thank you for sharing the perspective you have.

enigma4ever said...

The Link above ( on the title ) is the right address for donations and to leave condelences, I was worried it isn't working properly- it has been jammed all day...keep trying...such love flooding their way....

( and I just thought I was having technical difficulties)

Yukkione said...

thanks Enigma, I wanted to post on this because my mother died of cancer several years ago. but your wonderful post will do just fine.

Beth said...

Thanks Enigma,

Dana is resting in peace with Chris now. I know this is a really tough time for Will, but he has great support from Dana's family

Thanks for the website info.

Namaste to you too.

Graeme said...

great post. geez, everyone is dying. what the hell is going on?

enigma4ever said...

Graeme: I don't know but I do worry that certain cancers seem to be on the rise, esp Lung and Breast Cancer....thanks for your thoughts...

LIZZY: Thanks...and yes I know that the mom that she is, she made sure all was taken care of for Will...and yes, I do picture Dana with Christopher.

LOC; namaste to you ...many blessings ...I am so sorry about your mom...

RORY: Thanks to you for your messege and your thoughts.

Hopefully the Link will work to go to their website. It was jammed most of the day. Please do read about the foundation, they are doing outstanding work with a wide range of neurological conditions. ( VETS, ALS, MS, etc) Almost ALL of the Grants and Funding was CANCELLED LAST WEEK BY CONGRESS AND THE WH. Please over the next few weeks think about calling your Senators and yelling at them, it must have broken poor Dana's heart.
I hate to get political during this time of grief, but it had to be said.

Neil Shakespeare said...

Yeah, that is sad. Seems like a curse at work on Superman, eh?

enigma4ever said...

NEIL: My son and I had that very discussion , and what we realized that Incredible people are sometimes called upon to meet Incredible Challenges and , even take a stand, and teach the rest of us how to have courage, dignity and grace. My son also pointed out something very interesting, and he is my SuperHero Expert...." Most Heros have some kind of Flaw or Obstacle , that they have to meet and overcome. And well, if they don't, then they are mere mortals."

Richard said...

As the father of a physically handicapped now grown-up daughter, I know better than most what the Reeves went through. I also know how much they did for British handicapped kids. The world needs more like them. And like you too, enigma.

We are all poorer for their passing.

Unknown said...

My sister is being treated for lung cancer now,and I know how it can be. It is a beautiful post enigma and I really ejoyed it,but your posts are always the good ones,keep on blogging.

enigma4ever said...

RICHARD: Blessings to you, your daughter and your family that is a very challenging path...I was stunned by the amount of work that the REEVE"s organizations have taken on, and so many people helped around the world. Thank you for what you said, I just do what I can in my end of the world, I wish I could do more. Namaste.

WITHIN REASON: I am so sorry to hear about your sister, blessings and light to you and your family. I lost my grandmother to Breast and Lung Cancer many years ago...It is a Battle... I am doing more research I will be blogging more on the Hidden Lung Cancer Epidemic that we did not know was on our doorstep ( new post on this, hopefully the weekend) Namaste Kentucky friend....

enigma4ever said...

HEY ENIGMA CAFE PLEASE SEE BLOGROLL AND I HAVE ADDED THE REEVES FOUNDATIONS RIGHT AT THE TOP SO YOU CAN DONATE OR LEAVE CONDOLENCES....THERE ARE TWO ORGS- AND READ BOTH SITES....

**** HEY- YOU KNOW THE SUPERMAN DOG TAGS THAT SAY GO FORWARD..YOU CAN ORDER THEM...BEAUTIFUL...****

Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

Beautifully put, enigma. Beautiful.

enigma4ever said...

money and messeges sent...forgot to update....