Saturday, July 29, 2006

Friggin Hot Saturday Tune

THE KANE GANG MOTORTOWN


Saturday Afternoon....
This song is 1986, Kane Gang,the Enigma is still taking a break from the Mideast Heartache. ( Don't fret none- there is a Scathing post being worked on for Sunday
I am still sitting here coughing my brains out...so I may as well heave some ol'sputum Condi's way).

This song reminds me of so many things...
And not just dusty hot summers...
It reminds me of 1986 when I was a PEDS nurse in Vermont and I used to Rollerskate in my kitchen during blizzards ( boy I bet the downstairs folks loved that).

It reminds me that my first car was a 1966 Cherry Red Oldsmobile Cutless with white leatherette and a bitching sound system that was cruising heaven.

It reminds me of my Scottie Bogart that was plumish,rumpled and the most dignified creature I have ever met...or loved.

It reminds me of my Urban Oassis where people talk and spit and play cards in the heat of the day.

It reminds me that it is okay to slowdance in a parking lot in the Mid Day Sun...

It reminds me that it still okay to yearn for New Age Dawning and Change.

It reminds me that it is okay to have Hope....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, you had a little Scotti? I had a little Black Boston Terrier, smartest & toughest little guy in MY younger years! Here ... hrrrrochhh!!! ... there's some phlegm for condi, in case you're running short. Be well soon. D.K.

enigma4ever said...

Yup...a Scottie- looked like FDR's "Fella", so cute- I will have to find a picture of him...and he lived to be 14- had him since he was a young one...So Smart..and so sweet. Best dog...( well,except for my Soul Sister Bassatt - abby...)But I will always know that Terriers are way smarter than humans...and tough..and big hearted.He recieved a letter of citation from the Seattle Police Dept for stopping car robberies on my street- true story.(he would sit and bark at the window and I would call it in, but he had a Certain Bark when cars were getting burgled...our apt.building on First Hill used to call him the General...He was the Best).( and yes, he looks just like the dog in this video...)

enigma4ever said...

oh and thank you kindly DK for the phlegm contribution- I will just put a big ol'Spitoon at the end of the ol Coffee Counter and Everyone can Give ( it's for Condi after all)...hehe

sumo said...

At the end of the video, the three guys playing cards...on the left is a blond kid that looks like Brad Pitt to me...check it out and tell me what you think. At his age...he could have been in a video back then starting out in acting. He'd have been 20-21...and no I'm not a Bradophile either...just curiosity.

Hope you are getting better...but I'm not sending any body fluids your way...or I'd have to barf...anything but the phle%m word...

enigma4ever said...

SUMO: OMG...Sumo you are right !!!! it really really does look like Brad Pitt...it is very possible he was a walkon on a music video filmed in California in the mid 80's...( 86/87)
wow..that would be too bizarre....I am doing better- hot as hell here- 90's....so I guess the cold is getting cooked out of me..

Anonymous said...

sumo & e4e, yes that sure could've been Brad! he was doing small parts on TV shows like 30something in the late 80's, just building himself up to his big breakout role in "Thelma & Louise" 1991. Nah, he's not really my type, but I did enjoy him in "Interview with a Vampire", although I thought he & Tom Cruise should have reversed parts. Brad was MUCH closer to how Anne Rice describes Lestat (who I personally visualized as Val Kilmer when reading her books). D.K.

enigma4ever said...

Okay guys I have watched this again and again now...
I have to say I think it is him- watch him chew gum in it- rent Spygame- and watch him in that the Gum scene- watch-- I think Sumo is right...wow..cool

( if you guys are into Hokey Star stories I have a good Oprah one or good Christian Slater one- hmm, which one to tell???they are both good...)

Anonymous said...

If in doubt, tell both, enigma! When I lived in Palm Springs, I once saw Kirk Douglas out mowing his lawn, his wife pulling weeds in the flower bed. Can't be any hokier than that. D.K.

enigma4ever said...

well DK as long as Kirk wasn't wearing a speedo I can top that right?
( unless the "weeds" were WEED???)