Thursday, June 04, 2009

Tank Man....20 years later..


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Click the title for the Other Photo of him....when he is contemplating action...and then this Frontline Update is really amazing....done 17 years later....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But this video below made by a film student with music in 5 minutes explains the story beautifully the brave Students, and of the Massacre of Tinnamen Square and the story of the Tank Man. I was off work the week of these events....I was home sick from my Hospice Job and my ER job... and I watched all of this unfold live at the time....switching channels between CBC, BBC and CNN and ABC.....and weeping when it was so brutally ended...and for years I carried Tank Man's Courage in my heart....with a blown up Poster that traveled from Place to place with us....and then finally was given to my son for his room. All of us need to remember that Everyday Heros can inspire us to find our own courage and to be stronger.....do watch the first video, it is welldone.

Anthony Thomas 's 8 part Documentary....

CBC Report June 4th ,1989

BBC 's report the same night.....

5 comments:

Mike Licht, NotionsCapital.com said...

Learn the Tank Man Tango. See:

http://notionscapital.wordpress.com/2009/06/05/toe-the-line-on/

Mike Licht, NotionsCapital.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
enigma4ever said...

I am sure you are trying to be funny....sadly I take this very seriously....

Fran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fran said...

This was such a courageous act. Seriously-- how many people would have the ability to do what he did-- especially after the bloody scene that had happened in Tiananmen Square.

I know you said he is considered to be a Hero by your son 6-6, and he had or has a poster photo he keeps.

It is great that he found someone who literally took a stand in a way we will never forget.

Such powerful symbolism.