Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Then it was Wednesday: Books,Blogs&music...and a Bit More...


Morning Glories after the Weekend Storms....Battered, but not beaten...and Beautiful....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don’t speak to me about your religion; first show it to me in how you treat other people. Don't tell me how much you love your God; show me in how much you love all His children. Don't preach to me your passion for your faith; teach me through your compassion for your neighbors. In the end, I'm not as interested in what you have to tell or sell as I am in how you choose to live and give." ~Cory Booker
*********************************
If you come here I try to feed your soul....not just share news with you....I have had Molly Ivins on my brain and my heart ever since Perry threw his oversized overzealous Hat in the Ring this week....So I am going to post her videos this month...Here is the First one from an Interview 1992 ( Thank you and Hat Tip to Mother Jones ), Molly talking about Lies, Unraveling layers of Lies, The Civil Rights Movement, and Race Issues, It's poignant....beautiful, 7 minutes of Molly at her best,


**********************************
Blog Gems......to read with your morning coffee
So I was whining last week that I was worried that Murdochgate had become ecclipsed in the headlines and John Dean (yes THE John Dean tweeted back to me that there was more to Unravel ANY day...which made my whole damn week....so here we go folks, THE Unraveling as real Smoking Gun Documents are starting to suddenly be uncovered.... Here is the Latest from Alternet about the latest slime to oooze to the surface.....

(2) On Twitter there is Keith Balmer who goes by @KeithSmooth ( which yes is a great handle) and he has a great blog, I included his insightful blog post on Amy Winehouse's death in my last round up. His New post is "Liberalism on Life Support". The thing about Keith is that he makes me think, as a Liberal I look in the mirror after I read what he writes.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This week's book is Waiting for Karl Rove Written by Kat Nove and Jeni Decker who were on @awopradio and who I met on Twitter @WaitingforKarlRove , they are so sharper than any scissors I run with....and since Karl Rove came out this week pouting and opining Perry this makes the perfect read. If you click on the Amazon Link you can read parts of it, believe me once you do you will be hooked...( oh and yes, they are coming back on Awopradio this coming Sunday as a treat.) On my street we have a Book Club , and it's our First Pick for the Fall....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nuttin But Stringz are huge in Japan right now, here they are playing "Broken Sorrow" on Tudou music videos....Two brothers from Queens who know how to Fuse Hip Hop with Violin....they are so powerful they take your breath away.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The thing about democracy, beloveds, is that it is not neat, orderly, or quiet. It requires a certain relish for confusion. "~~Molly Ivins
*****************************************

"Kings and Queens" by 30 Seconds to Mars...
Enigma #Thought4theday :: This song is so beautiful....if you have a young person Hug Them...they are trying to get through these times....they too have desperate dreams and hopes...And on another note I watch this video because I can't ride a bike anymore....But I remember how it feels....the Wind on a Crisp Clear Night....there is Nothing Like it....And yeah,Long ago in my 20's putting myself through Nursing School I drove a Pedicab at Night in Downtown Baltimore, I was the first girl ever to do that there......

4 comments:

MandT said...

Thank you, thank you for the wonderful Molly!

Enigma4ever said...

thanks mandt...so grateful that you stop by...email me sometime...I miss hearing from you...

Carolyn Moon said...

This is a wonderful post and I thought highly of the courageous Molly Ivins with the wit and intellect reminiscent of two other sheroes from Texas; Barbara Jordon and Ann Richards.

Thanks for featuring the video; I used to view some of her interviews/panel discussions on C-Span and PBS. It was good to be reminded of what a force she was.

That Celestial Pantheon of Female Warriors continues to grow. How sad for us although inspirational for the ones left behind!

Enigma4ever said...

Thanks Carolyn ...I loved that you said it like that...you have such a way with words....she really was a warrior...we need more women being such forces..so so true....

Keep Writing and Caring....I will be visiting your blog tonite...I treasure you here..