Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Then it was December ....Bare Trees and Bitter Winds and Soul Searching


The Break from Blogland....
So Thanksgiving came, and I was thankful to be with my son, that we had helped bring Change this past year.....But as the Cold Winds blew in from the Lake and the Bare Trees stood against the wind....I felt empty... as brittle as the bare branches.
And the winds batter the branches in different directions, the wind is bitter, unkind, unrelenting....I have been haunted by the past few months watching the Republicans and Teabaggers show that indeed Americans can be more than Ugly, they can be Heartless,Shallow,full of Hate....Soul-Less. We don't have a mere Empathy Deficit, we have an Empathy Famine.

I fought Bush Regime for 8 very long years,even blogged it, just like so many others.But the Diseased part of our Country and Our Government left me stunned...breathless....sickened...that they walk among us, and they are hellbent on destroying a Chance at Change, or bringing their neighbors or those that have been so hurt by the Bush Years any relief...This past summer and fall has been a massive Reality Check....I needed to catch my breath.

So I needed to take a few more days to find my Compass, the one that grounds me, settles my heart, helps me reach for Hope and relight my Heart..... Sorry I needed a few extra days.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joss Stone and Jeff Beck ...Amazing version of this song "People get Ready".....

Here is an amazing blog that you need to check out: Meet Kitty she is a gifted storyteller....
And some more soulfood Pink Granite is a find....

11 comments:

Fran said...

Wow! Soulful song.
Glad you are recharging your batteries.
I know you do not savor another harsh winter in harsh winterland & those whipping winds are bring in jack frost.
Winter is always so pretty when it first comes, the clean white quiet blanket of snow.
I still get a thrill out of snow falling from the sky... watching it become drifts & blanket the earth.
But after a while not so much.

Hope your break helps.

enigma4ever said...

I have always faced battles...stormy winters with Light and hope in my heart...

but right now I am trying replenish that....somehow...

and on another level I can not "make peace" with something that is so ugly...

It in many ways reminds me of the Fall After Katrina....stark reality...painful...worrisome.....

thanks fran...

Fran said...

I know what you are saying.
There will always be crazy war mongers, and politicians will lie to get elected, and people with Teabagger mentalities.
We have to pace ourselves.
You know like how the Dalai Lama was able to smile & shake the hand of Bush.
He was already on a high road & enlightened enough to rise above.

Just like that Maya Angelou poem you posted

We hope those poor lost souls can become enlightened, can become humane.

We can't fix all of them- and they are broken.
Sadly they won't see the light till they walk the walk & cross the bridge of having the experience firsthand.

Just continue on the high road.
Remember that Margaret Mead quote:

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever does”

Pink Granite said...

It has left me stunned and dismayed as well.
Continue to take good care of yourself.
Thank you for everything.
Welcome back...
- Lee

enigma4ever said...

Oh pink...thank you....
( I did not see you tonight in Twitterland...)
you take care too...

Fran::
I know ..
I hear what you are saying...
it has been a very long 10 years...
sadly my book is about another battle- and I think that is why I am frustated...tired...but am trying to regain my footing...will keep looking for soulfood...

the walking man said...

Smoke some pot, eat some chips, watch a Disney movie and wake up. You may not be recharged but what the hell everyone deserve some time off when they want it.

D.K. Raed said...

aah those bare winter trees ... it is a very cold unkind wind indeed that is blowing through our land. the skies are lowering and the wolves are ravening. I share your disillusion. It's painful to see the I-Me-Mine attitude so prevalent now -- must be doubly so for a nurse such as yourself.

Robert Rouse said...

Beck and Stone. I could have imagined that scenario. Turns out it was a good pairing. Thanks for all you do, e4e.

Freeze Dried Gray Matter

tom said...

Catch your breath I'm doing the same, it is hard to monitor the health care debate, the ups and downs don't seem to stop, the infantile repukes also won'g stop, I remember when we had lost earlier elections fat limbaugh said we should shut up untill we won an election well F him...
taking 5 to read and reflect and gather more strength to fight the forces of evil
(perhaps I need a long listening session of Bruce Springsteen...)

Kittie Howard said...

Enigma, I hear ya...and how perfectly you voiced what I'm also feeling about these Teabaggers...they're hell-bent on destruction...they're screaming their lungs out about Obama, who is working 24/7 for the country's GOOD, but the Teabaggers refuse to admit Bush is the one who got us into this Mess...Anyway, I've always loved what Margaret Mead said and thank Fran for reminding me that small efforts can make a positive difference...there's just something terribly wrong Out There...the bare trees symbolize our sadness...and, it's okay to take time off, one has to nourish the soul...and Thank You for the nice words you said about my blog...You're very, very kind!

Celia Harrison said...

I know how you feel I am going through the something similar. I live in an area which is full of right wing religious types and it is difficult to even find a person to have a conversation with. That is one reason I go online. I have been depressed recently due to some of the same issues. The-I've got mine, to hell with you attitude in this country. I have been researching people who are wrongfully imprisoned and reading about lies past presidents have told us, but it's the war in Afghanistan which has really upset me. I think of the people who will be harmed and I get very angry. Then the loss of the public option, in a "compromise". I have also been reading about the real power in this country behind the scenes, the CIA and Pentagon and believe they will never allow President Obama to do what he really wants to do(JFK and the Unspeakable by Douglass).