Thursday, June 16, 2011
Anthony Weiner, His Fall from Grace, and the Stupidity Marathon
Today Anthony Weiner is resigning from his post in Congress amidst much pressure from his own party, the Dem Leaders, and the Media Circus. Here is my thoughts on this issue as a Middle Aged Clueless woman and lifelong Dem.....
(1) He should not have sent the photos to younger women, and I hope and pray he did not send any to high school girls. I don't understand why he sent them or why he even took such photos. Some say that it is just a Middle Aged Thing, some say it is a symptom of a sex addiction problem, either way it is for he and his wife to sort out and seek help with it. And yes, I think he should not have lied about it. And he should not have lied about the lies.....But we all know that Men do lie, especially if there is a new fragile marriage at stake....BUT.....
(2) As far as I can tell it did not effect his job these past three years and he represented his Constituents from Queens and Brooklyn well enough, matter of fact he did a good job truly fighting for the Working People in Congress. He stood up and Voiced what needed to be said while many Dems sat on their hands and did NOTHING. I personally feel unless he broke some laws that I don't know about, that his own Constituents should be allowed to decide his fate.
(3) Let's Review Some of the Other Scandals that have plagued DC. Republican-Still-There-in-DC-Vitter and his illegal Hiring of Hookers and his interest in Diapers. The VP Cheney who shot his "friend", then ran from scene and hid, and then made his said "friend" come to the cameras wounded and Apologize TO THE VP ? Then there was the Minnesota bathroom Incident ( again laws were broken ) and Mr Craig was allowed to collect "re-election" funds which he used for his legal fees after he canceled his campaign. Then there was Foley, a fine elected Republican Rep from Florida who propositioned /plied DC Interns/ pages with Pizza and Sexual Invitations ? And Speaking of LIES..... And then there is of course the Biggest Lie of All , an Entire Administration that LIED about WMD and waged an Illegal War that killed Thousands.....
(4) And while we are talking about DC Scandels I would like to point out that the MSM spent more "Investigative" TIME on this Twitter Scandel then they did on Investigating 911 or the Iraq War WMD issues , many many hours more. And while they have been "investigating" this ( as they call it, I call it yellow journalism , because it really has been like watching a large dog pee on a stack of newspapers....) Has the Media or Cotton Candy Brained Talking Punditheads spent ANY time explaining What Health Services and Medical Care Planned Parenthood provides ? Or How many Millions are on Food Assistance, or that Food Assistance or WIC is NOT an Entitlement Program ? Has the Media done any Investigating on the GOP Invisible JOBS Programs that don't exist ? Has the Media done any Investigations about what Ryan's Budget Plan would do to Millions on Medicare or about to receive Medicare ? Has the Media explained that Ryan's Plan might actually KILL People who have Conditions that NEED Medical Care ? But alas what I just mentioned are real issues effecting real people....and Real Journalism in this Country is dead as we know it. They have proven once again the lecherous urge to focus on the inane and call it "News".
(5) So here is my Question , WHO was and is more Stupid at this point, 15 days into the Twitter Underwear Scandal ? The Media for obsessing over it or Mr. Weiner ? I think the Media turned it into a 3 Ring Circus that it did not need to be, that it was done with glee and relish and zeal. There are more important REAL issues that should be covered with such enthusiasm. I think sadly that Mr.Weiner is just a regular Middle Aged Man that made a mistake, and that is a shame because I personally feel that he was and is a good Politician. But alas many good men, real men do make mistakes once they get to DC. But I am sorry I don't think some underwear shots are worth a Witch Hunt or him losing his job, or the People of Brooklyn losing him as their Rep.
I think it is a sad day, I am as sad today as the day when President Obama released his REAL Birth Certificate, because again the Media dictated a "Dilemma" by fueling it with false Concerns and their own Limited Stupidity.
Special Quote Dedicated to NBC, MSNBC and of course CNN, "Politics is the art of looking for trouble,finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies"~ Groucho Marx