Sunday, August 06, 2006

I CAN'T GET TO SLEEP.....gee I wonder why

Scrubs and Colin Hay


This song has been cruising through my head now , many nights in a row.
I could Blame it on Colin Hay being on SCRUBS.
Or lack of sleep.....Again.
As Mr6-6 pointed out.." Has Anyone noticed how many Sleep Aids are for Sale since the Bush Presidency started...geez"

And yet another good point.

His two other Thoughts for the Weekend....and the Sleepless Mother.
( do other 15 yr olds come into their mom's bedroom and ask these questions at 1:15am?....I am dying to know...)

(1) So we are watching a baseball game about to start on ESPN and they are showing the Crowds lining up, and the Announcer says " It's Bat Night Here, look at all the Excited Fans." And 6-6 says to me" Huh, Look at them all lined up, isn't it kind of silly they have to go through Security Check Points, and then on the other side of the CheckPoint that they get handed a BAT....Has Anyone looked at HOW Foolish That is?"

(2) " So have you ever wondered WHY Gerber sells Life Insurance? I mean do they know something we don't about their food? I mean is it Really Comforting to a new mom to buy Life Insurance and FOOD for her Baby from the Same Company?...."

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lol..this is a trippy post dear woman..these are rhetorical right? :p

Anonymous said...

I always wondered what happened to Colin Hay! And I noticed what time you posted this, enigma ... at that hour when sleep seems most elusive. You've either already been sleeping (perhaps fitfully) & awakened with the most awful thoughts about (take your pick, political, international, personal) ... or sleep was never possible that night due to same thoughts.

Enigma, I don't know about other 15-yr olds, but I remember walking into my parents bdrm in the wee hrs quite a few times with questions (about things like mistreatment of zoo animals, can you believe it, they must've wanted to strangle me). I think it shows a restless, inquisitive mind that trusts mom or dad to tell them the truth, even if it has to wrangled out of them at 3 AM. D.K.

NEWSGUY said...

The LA Times just did a front page story on how the sale of sleep aids has jumped 50 percent in the past five years.

Hmmmm. What could possibly have been happening in the past five years to make people so beset by insomnia as to require sleeping pills? The Times didn't speculate.

meldonna said...

I think 6-6 needs to consider Open Mike Night as a hobby someday!

Thank god that wasn't a Mariner's home game...statistically, I think it would be a Bad Idea to arm a Seattle crowd at Safeco.

Take me out to the ball park,
take me out to the game...

...and buy me a Gerber death and dismemberment policy!

enigma4ever said...

MEL: yup he does need an Open Mike nite- but for now I will keep posting his "wisdom"...and yeah- Bat night...geez...

NEWSGUY: you are so funny...WHAT is causing all that sleeplessness...???hmmmm

DK: you are so funny...and yup- 6-6 also brought up ZOO animals - along time ago...and yeah- no matter the hour I will always answer him...( if I can and I am not comatose ;-)