Sunday, February 03, 2008

SATURDAY NIGHT MUSIC....AND A TRIP TO SKIPPY'S...AND WAITING FOR BADTUX TO SHOW...

Okay..so here is The Story....I post alot of Music here, usually linked to Every Post...and when I am lazy on Friday and Saturday Nights I go to Skippy's, and I sit and listen to Tunes. And Poor Skippy, I am the pesty redhead Always pestering the DJ for 80's Music......So a few nights ago...I went over and there was this Wonderful Foreigner Song from the 80's, so I said so in the Comment Section, and I invited Badtux the Snarky Penguin to Dance with me. And then the Big Controversy Set Off.....it indeed turns out that Not Everyone Likes the 80's Music.....so Skippy Tonight posted FOUR Songs for the Snarky Penguin and I to Make Peace....and maybe Dance.

So Here I sit....all dressed up....Waiting...Let's See if that Snarky Pengiun Shows Up....
and you all Stop By and Give that DJ - Skippy lots of Applause...

6 comments:

Cartledge said...

I was busy during the 80s. I know the kids were listening to a variety of stuff including acca dacca. But my dau drove me crazy with female pop and my son gravitated to punk.
A close nephew, older than mine, was a big Devo fan, and i could sort of follow that.
But I still missed most of it :(

enigma4ever said...

Hey Cart....
I am still waiting to see if that Penguin shows...hmmmm...

( I started a bit of a Ruckus....it's not my fault that I am stuck in the 80's....is it ? George Micheal....U2....REM ....Human League...Duran Duran...plenty of great bands for their starts...also Sting...and Gensis...)

Cartledge said...

Dunno, are they orchestras? The only singer who really caught my attention didn't do it enough for me to remember her name :(
I was right into classical in the 80s LOL But I'm sure you would never have trouble starting a ruckus. The fiestiness is a great feature.

enigma4ever said...

All I did was say that I liked 80's music....You really didn't recognize any of the bands that I mentioned ?

( which I use all of these to link to my titles...)

More: the Boss....or Bruce Springsteen....Tears for Fears....Culture Club.....Paul Young .....

( well, sometimes you gotta be feisty...that is all there is to it...oh, scroll down I have a groundhog post that will make you laugh...)

Cartledge said...

Sorry about the music, I'm a late developer, though i never liked Springsteen :( The others were just names, i don't know the music, alas. I discovered the punk many years after my son did.

I'll go look at groundhog, I know him :)

enigma4ever said...

oh it's okay Cart....
the Penguin never showed to Dance...so it was nice to have Company....thanks...