Friday, July 04, 2008

Why Kids lose Fingers on the Fourth !!!


As a nurse who has worked PEDS, PICU, and ER....guess what ???- I hate Fireworks....and I hate family gathering where Fireworks are part of the "Fun".....and mayhem.....and where they add Liquored Up Uncles....but that is me....I value Kids having all their fingers and toes....One year working PEDS I had a Drunk Uncle explaining to me that the kids were "safe" because they had "Faaar retardent Clothin and tin Cans for the Fireworks and Buckets of water nearby".....( His Neice still lost a few fingers...and had a horrible Fourth)......No Fireworks or Sparklers are SAFE for kids.....Ever..... I explained to him that Sparklers get up to 2400 degrees, and can incinerate a finger quicker than you can say "Ouch"....

Stay Safe this Forth....

So please folks...go to the Public Firework Displays....enjoy The Shows by the Pros.....

3 comments:

enigma4ever said...

name of hokie 60's photo "youngsters preparing a Blast".....urgh...

Marjorie said...

Also they cause fires.


And they scare my fur babies !


GRRRRRRRRRR

Blueberry said...

one of our cats lived outside for years before we took him in. He is terrified of fireworks. I think he might have been tormented by them (the smaller ones used in the neighborhoods). We stay home with the kitties and make sure the house doesn't get set on fire.