Thursday, October 23, 2008
The Bogus Story....That the McCain Campaign Staff pushed on the MSM....
( researched all eve 10.23.08 and factually corrected on 10.24.08 by MSM )
Many of us had Major Concerns about this story....Partly because of THIS photo, but partly because of the actual story.
And we met on Blogs last night and did research and asked questions..because we were disgusted and worried that this was some kind of story being pushed for Benifit for McCain....the girl clearly needs help...but we were worried that McCain's people Pushed a Horrific False Story....
(1) Her story does not hold up- and she refused medical care at the "scene", and did go the next day to get care. Very strange that a young girl, even out of vanity or trauma would refuse medical care for a facial injury.
(2) She was in PA for the Campaign, she said, yet the PA campaign people did not ever verify that or make a statement.
(3) She is traveling from Texas, and yet checking her campaign Blog, she has not blog posts on PA.
(4) Her Twitter account, shows a 3 hour Gap, 8-11PM, and she was supposedly looking for a Bank of America- yet there are NONE for 100 MILES.
(5) She said it was a Male with a Black Tshirt, yet it was 43 degrees, NO Coat ?
(6) The Photo raised many questions, the eye injury looks more like a shiner or actually inky makeup? the eye itself has no injury or swelling ? and she fell on her face she said? her whole face should have had swelling, and the tissue and the eye should have had broken vessels. The "B" looks like it was done in a mirror? It is Backwards and not sharply carved, it looks like it could have been scratched, or abraded with a fingernail. It is very hard to carve a "B" with a knife ( try it on chicken - we did), and WHY a "B" ? ( an "O" would have been easier).
(7) The area it occurred there are no Cameras ? or other witnesses? Suspposedly it is a busy part of town, with a Cop Bar right across the street....there should have been witnesses.
Ashley Todd, of College Station, Texas, was using an ATM at Liberty Avenue and Pearl Street just before 9 p.m. Wednesday Night....when the attack supposedly happened.
TWITTER ACCOUNT SHOWS 3 HOUR GAP...
atodd: Oh the blog I will be making soon... Its been a rough night #litf08
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 03:52:58 +0000
atodd: Pretty sure I'm on the wrong side of pittsburgh
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 00:45:59 +0000
atodd: Stubbornly searching for a bank of america to avoid ATM fees.
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 00:23:21 +0000
atodd: This traffic in pittsburgh needs to go away!!!! #litf08
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 23:04:06 +0000
atodd: Jammin to 80s rock baller #litf08
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 20:06:05 +0000
atodd: Wondering if my mad constitutional right debating skills will get me out of this speeding ticket I'm waiting to see the judge about.
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:47:51 +0000
atodd: @KatMayne yeah- and in ohio a guy named jimmy john listed the local jimmy johns sub shop as his home address... Acorn..hehe #litf08
( Twitter account)
According to WTAE's news exchange partners at the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Ashley Todd, of College Station, Texas, was using an ATM at Liberty Avenue and Pearl Street just before 9 p.m. Wednesday when a man approached her and put a knife to her throat. ( Before 9 PM ???)
By 4PM 10.24.08 The story fell apart....here is more that Huffpost and TPM Central are reporting as of 10.24.08, a McCain staffer PUSHED the story to the Media- before properly vetting the story or checking the authenticity with Police and Hospital Officials, but were eager to tell the Press HOW to tell the girl's story with Racial undertones and the Obama slurring. But last night the Repug site were casting the story as " Obama Supporter attacks McCain Campaign Worker". But here is the Truth about "the story", now Known to be fabricated.
"McCain Communications Director Gave Reporters Incendiary Version Of "Carved B" Story Before Facts Were Known
By Greg Sargent - October 24, 2008, 5:12PM TPM Central
John McCain's Pennsylvania communications director told reporters in the state an incendiary version of the hoax story about the attack on a McCain volunteer well before the facts of the case were known or established -- and even told reporters outright that the "B" carved into the victim's cheek stood for "Barack," according to multiple sources familiar with the discussions.
John Verrilli, the news director for KDKA in Pittsburgh, told TPM Election Central that McCain's Pennsylvania campaign communications director gave one of his reporters a detailed version of the attack that included a claim that the alleged attacker said, "You're with the McCain campaign? I'm going to teach you a lesson."
Verrilli also told TPM that the McCain spokesperson had claimed that the "B" stood for Barack. According to Verrilli, the spokesperson also told KDKA that Sarah Palin had called the victim of the alleged attack, who has since admitted the story was a hoax.
The KDKA reporter had called McCain's campaign office for details after seeing the story -- sans details -- teased on Drudge.
The McCain spokesperson's claims -- which came in the midst of extraordinary and heated conversations late yesterday between the McCain campaign, local TV stations, and the Obama camp, as the early version of the story rocketed around the political world -- is significant because it reveals a McCain official pushing a version of the story that was far more explosive than the available or confirmed facts permitted at the time.
The claims to KDKA from the McCain campaign were included in an early story that ran late yesterday on KDKA's Web site. The paragraphs containing these assertions were quickly removed from the story after the Obama campaign privately complained that KDKA was letting the McCain campaign spin a racially-charged version of the story before the facts had been established, according to two sources familiar with the discussions.
The story with the removed grafs is still right here. We preserved the three missing grafs from yesterday:"
So as Many of us suspected...the "B" stands for Bogus.....