Sunday, October 05, 2008

CHECK YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION , IF YOU LIVE IN OHIO CHECK TOMORROW AND MAKE SURE YOU ARE REGISTERED TO VOTE...CRITICAL!!!


I CHECKED ONLINE TODAY AND FOUND OUT THAT I AM NOT REGISTERED, YET I SIT HERE WITH A VOTER CARD ( ISSUED IN JANUARY 08) AND AN ABSENTEE BALLOT SENT TO ME THIS MONTH. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THIS COULD BE ? I VOTED IN THE PRIMARY AND IN 2006. AND I VOTED AT THE PRIMARY EARLY AND FROM THIS ADDRESS. I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT I LEARN TOMORROW WHEN I GO TO MY COUNTY ELECTION CENTER AND CHECK ON MY REGISTRATION. I RECCOMMEND THAT ALL OF YOU CHECK ONLINE AND ALSO CHECK AT YOUR BOARD OF ELECTIONS.CHECK THE OBAMA SITE TO CHECK WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE WITH YOU WHEN YOU GO....I WILL BE UPDATING THIS TOMMORROW....

***YOU CAN ALSO CHECK YOUR REGISTATION STATUS BY CHECKING OBAMA'S SITE, MOVEON'S SITE, OR ROCK THE VOTE....THEY ALL HAVE LISTS...( that is how I checked and figured out there was a problem, now I will go to my local Election Center, or Board of Elections.) Now these three sources are how I was checking and had no sucess.

Now Dk has this site to try that goes Directly through to the State Site ( all states are listed) try this and see how it works for you.
Also this is the address for the Secretary of State's Office in Ohio the Actual OHIO website.

Speaking of OHIO....Obama pulls ahead of McCoot.. 49 to 42....

More on POLL Leads For Obama in Ohio, PA and Minnesota Read here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunday Night Music...John Legend at Obama Rally U of PA, April 2008.....amazing song.."If You're Out There".....

( he also sang at the DNC , but I like this version better....it really is about ALL of us....VOTE...IT Matters..)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update 10.9.08
Report: Voter purges in 6 states may violate law
October 08, 2008 10:48 PM EDT
NEW YORK - The New York Times reports that tens of thousands of eligible voters have been removed from rolls or blocked from registering in at least six swing states, and the voters' exclusion appears to violate federal law.The newspaper says its findings are based on reviews of state records and Social Security data.The Times says voters appear to have been purged by mistake, not because of any intentional violations by election officials or coordinated efforts by any party.

The newspaper says it identified apparent problems in Colorado, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Nevada and North Carolina. It says some states are improperly using Social Security data to verify new voters' registration applications, and others may have broken rules that govern removing voters from the rolls within 90 days of a federal election.

19 comments:

NEWSGUY said...

Looks like you've been CAGED, Nurse. As you know, part of GOP strategy is to disqualify as many potential Democratic voters as possible, by purging them from the rolls. You may be able to fix your problem but think of the thousands, even millions who may be turned away at the polls because of voter roll purges.

Another important GOP tactic is to change the subject -- this time from the economy to an alleged friendship Obama has with a '60s radical. Palin is out there charging that Obama has been "paling around with a known American terrorist," this Bill Ayers guy who was a member of the Weather Underground years and years ago, when Obama was in grade school. He has admitted his part in some anti-war bombings in those days. Their paths have crossed occasionally. Ayers is now a respected professor and noted educator who has written several books. The NY Times did a piece on him which Palin is using as fodder for her silly but vicious charge that Obama is friends with a terrorist.

enigma4ever said...

Newsguy::
I have been PURGED or CAGED before in 2000 and 2004....and even filed a case with ACLU and Human Rights Watch in 2004....As far as I know HERE in Ohio I have been counted....I know all about Purging and Counting...I will blog about it again...I have blogged about it before....I feel very strongly about this...I will go to the Obama office tomorrow and ask WHAT to do...I WILL NOT HAVE THIS HAPPEN TO ME FOR A 3RD TIME IN 8 YEARS I PAY TAXES AND AM A GOOD CITIZEN...

Mauigirl said...

This is shocking to me that someone who has voted previously and from the same address could be cavalierly thrown off the list. Apparently the GOP is doing everything they can to disenfranchise Democratic voters. I guess I shouldn't be shocked, though, given the things they've done in the past two elections. Good for you for checking so you can get back on before it's too late.

enigma4ever said...

Don't worry Maui-
I will get to the bottem of it...tomorrow...yup..

Jackie said...

This is BS. Good luck Enigma. Keep us posted.

Jackie said...

Enigma, I hope this story I just found lifts your spirits a little. It certainly did lift mine. (I think this story needs to get out there.)

http://leishacamden.blogspot.com/2008/10/not-that-it-matters.html

NEWSGUY said...

They KNOW who you are. Why do you think they don't want you to VOTE?

Fran said...

Wow! E this is disturbing. You just happen to be on top of checking this out..... I hope they don;t slam the door on other voters this way. It's weird I was thinking I should just check on my voter's registration... to make sure it's current & OK- even though we have voted from the same address for over a decade- just to make sure there is no tampering going on.
I remember this kind of disappearing act happened in Florida-- and it happened in known Democrat stronghold districts.

Damn- I can't take another stolen election.

enigma4ever said...

MORE ABOUT CAGED VOTING::::

I don't think it is me personally Newsguy- I think it is a caging issue- or my address , area that is the problem.....in 2000 when I was "Caged" it was my whole neighborhood in Washington State- 2 whole blocks....I did not find out until 2004 when I went to another state...and they could not find my Voting record...

California ended up taking statements from 1000's of people about Voting Problems and Purged Voters....it was investigated with Senators offices and ACLU and Human Rights Watch taking reports, thousands of people were involved.....

The Case was eventuallly "dropped".....yeah???

Then I voted in 2004...in California....then in 2005 I loved here...and yes, I could not find record of my vote from California.....

I have voted twice here,.....2006 and then this past march the primary....

I have voted in every election since I was 18.....

I will get to the bottem of this tomorrow.

Fran said...

This freaked me out-- I went to my online voter's registration- to see if our registration is current & mine - at first- came up as not registered-- but it was a matter of resubmitting it without a period after the middle initial- then I got a confirmation.
Whew! Had a scare there for a minute.
You might want to retry & see if there is some simple glitch, like the one I experienced.

kid said...

Hey E, that's messed up.I going to the board of elections and vote.If you need anything ,I'm here.

kid said...

I posted the other comments on my blog.Your vote is important.

enigma4ever said...

Everyones Vote is important....every last one..we can not afford to have another stolen election...I am going to go check on my registration and then I want to figure out if I should vote while I am there or wait until this is fixed...

thanks for your offer...But I definently going to go and ask some questions about my registration and also ask if my primary vote got counted....I early voted that time...( that was the first time I ever early voted)....

I will keep you posted..thank you again...

D.K. Raed said...

expect a lot of this in swing or battleground states. good luck tomorrow. I'm sure you'll be able to work it out. Bring all your ID & things like utility bill, bank statement, rent receipt, etc to prove you're a resident.

enigma4ever said...

DK:::
yup..I will bring everything...kitchen sink strategy...EVERYTHING....

tom said...

That is why I have always called them republican sons a bitches
The REAL test Dear Enigma, is finding out WHO purged your registration THAT is key, you need to file a FOIA request, in some states it is merely called a records request, find out WHO it was and WHY then did it....

X. Dell said...

A week or two ago, I e-mailed you with a link to similar shennanigans going on in NJ. Perhaps this is something we should all post about, as well as contacting the proper authorities.

enigma4ever said...

Xdell:
thanks- I do remember your N story...I think we should all post about anything that is NOT normal or that needs watching...we all know that Ohio and Certain Counties here have problems...sadly...it is a fact.... I just updated above and the Obama people will amazing and really helpful...

Tom::
thanks..yup...know the FOIA process well...I think there is some kind of glitch between the County and the state ? or the election center itself ? who knows ? BUT it is ALL fixed as of 5pm today- I went and took care of it...phew...it was packed....read my new post above tells the latest...

DivaJood said...

You can indeed vote - bring your voter registration card, your drivers license, and a piece of mail like the electric bill with you. You can vote, and it will be counted.