Friday, June 20, 2008

ENIGMA CORNBREAD....


***************************
Old Family Receipe, doctored by Enigma...

2 Boxes of Jiffy Cornbread
1 small can creamed corn ( secret ingredient)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tsp. maple syrup
dash of Old Bay
Sprinkle Cinnamon, Nutmeg,and Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tablespoon Vanilla Coffee Creamer or evaporated sweetened milk
1 tsp baking powder
Water 1 half cup...

Mix really well....then put in well buttered round cake pan....bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
It should be warm, fluffy and lightly brown on top and edges. This is soft, moist cornbread....

3 comments:

Utah Savage said...

Jesus Christ! I just make a box of Jiffy corn bread mix once a day. If I fancied it up like that, I'd put on fifty pounds in a month. My doctor's on my case already. High cholesterol and all. But I'm stealing it anyway, just in case I get bored with the plain Jiffy Mix. But I'm fixated on warm buttery cornbread and cold sweet cantaloupe for breakfast every day. And I mean every day.

enigma4ever said...

hhhhhmmmm Cantalope.....

oh, I found a new Cornbread mix this weekend- remind me to tell you - HALF of the sodium compared to Jiffy ( I realized that Jiffy is way too high this weekend....oooooops)

glad to meet another cornbread fan....it is a thing ;-)

MandT said...

This is the secret of being a good cook: being able to take ingredients at hand, add a good dose of creativity, and have it be tasty enough to make again--or better yet, pass it along.
Thanks for corntributing this corncoction for our corntentment!
(corny...we know)