Friday, December 01, 2006

HAPPINESS



What makes you Happy ? Really Happy.....
Is it something small, or is it something that makes you warm inside.

A long distance phone call from a treasured friend ,
even if it is a bad connection from Indonesia.
Crisp juicy red skinned pears and Colby cheese.
Sprinkling cinnamon in fresh coffee.
Sunday Morning papers spread across the bed with Almond Croissant Crumbs.
Lavendar bath salts and a vanilla cedar candle.
Hearing my son quietly snoring, watching him sleep in the moonlight.
My cat and dog asleep together on the daybed, sharing a Sun Spot.
Laundered Sheets fresh off the line, breathing their sun and wind.
Yellow Roses wet with Rain.
Walking in the Rain to pick them....
and Holding Hands on the way.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This may seem weird, but it always makes me happy to see a very old couple who still holds weathered hands, smiles & talks pleasantly to each other. I always stop & think about all they've gone through together to reach that moment I've just witnessed.

Also, an ocean sunset
A redwood grove
An untidy gone-to-hell garden

Finishing any long unpleasant project

And sunshine on a cloudy day ...
~~ D.K.

enigma4ever said...

DK: me too...old couples on buses just break my heart....I love the others that you added....

enigma4ever said...

Okay to my friend in Indonesia- this is not a Blatant Hint that I want to you to call. ( I do know that you read this- so it is just my way of saying thank you...)