Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Gary Locke is the New Commerce Nomination....Here is more about him..

I personally am happy for Governor Locke , that he is going to be able to serve our Country in a new way. I am also very very relieved it is Not Christine Gregoire that was offered the job...I think he is more trustworthy and caring. His office was always polite to our NonProfit that was working on Health Issues in the Northwest...Click the title to read more about him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a more personal note.....
Many of you know that I left Washington State in 2004 after blowing the whistle on a Large Chemical Company and trying to help the Feds, the EPA and the Justice Department better protect a small town in the Northwest from further harmful criminal damage.

As a Whistleblower in Washington State, I had to leave Washington State due to Death Threats against me and my family. in 2003 It reached a level, after three years of threats, where I was worried about the safety of my son and me as his mother. i went to the Authorities because the threats had taken a much more dangerous twist ( the threats were left INSIDE my home, and my files were ransacked- on more than one occasion ) And more than 2 of our pets were mutilated and harmed. When photos of family are shredded and animals harmed and brakes damaged, and rooms ransacked...It is time to go. I called the Justice Dept officials in DC that Fall that were aware of my whistleblower status, many were leaving the Bush Administration. I asked them what do I do ?? I can not stay in Seattle, I explained each time I went to meetings with the EPA the Threats increased. Finally by late Fall 2003 they told me there was only one solution- to Leave Washington State. At the Time I thought that this was Extreme, and it saddened me as I had lived there for over 16 years....but MLK Day in 2004 I loaded up a small UHaul and my son, and a cat and dog, and packed up all of his favorite books and belongings and off we went...driving into the Unknown, because I did not know where to go or where to be safe, and my husband and I had already seperated......It was the Worst Time of my life. And it was WHY I left Washington State.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I mention our Story there in Washington State, because I left there, and I know some People think I have hard feelings about Washington State. I don't. I miss it terribly....and it still saddens me to this day. So today I was reading about Mr.Locke, my former Governor, and to read that he too had a terrible time with threats....this truly stunned me, that he too went through something So Horrible, and that I never knew about it...because I was long gone....You can read more about it Here. The threats altered his public career and his life.....

4 comments:

D.K. Raed said...

I had no idea about the threats Locke had suffered. It doesn't make me very proud that many of them were racist threats.

enigma4ever said...

but it confirms to me that there is Something Wrong in Washington State...and I am also puzzled How I lived there and did not know about it...and was he protected well enough as gov ?

I do know that the local FBI there was really rude to me and my family...it was disgusting...and it seems like they should have been protecting Locke...but from my experience there I know they were a piece of the problem...

and why didn't the media cover it better at the time too...

really strange...

D.K. Raed said...

I only know about eastern washington state ... that it was so racist they didn't even bother to hide their racism. The Aryan Nations and other groups seriously wanted to have the Northwest secede from the U.S. and start their own little all-white country up there. I thought maybe I spoiled by the Calif melting pot, but when you see John Birch booths at the county fair, when people proudly wear hitler SS armbands, when everyone knew if you weren't a white christian you could forget about even driving through certain areas (cough, Hayden Lake) ... even naive me finally began to understand I'd stumbled into a little piece of antebellum redneckville. Then Mt St Helens blew up & we moved. I wasn't around when Locke was Gov & know nothing about how the FBI operated there (except to the extent I might've thought they'd have stepped in & stopped some of the White Power Hate Meetings, which of course they never did). I'm so sorry you had to deal with them at all. It sounds like the minute they decided you weren't one of them, you were beneath them.

enigma4ever said...

As a Nurse doing Environmental work...I was hassled...which was odd...considered a "treehugger", which was a joke- I was just a mom, a nurse....I used to go filming down at GP and they would drive by in their pickups and heave bottles at me....but I just let it go- figured it was redneck crap...

BUT what I always really wondered was were the FBI and Police inflitrated by the Klan...and Ayran Nation crap...I always suspected they were....

But that it happened to the Governor...hundreds of letters...that is not okay...

And to be honest I think alot of that mentality- that redneck racist Klan mentality was rampant under Bush....