Friday, February 13, 2009

Diane Sawyer's Hidden America on tonight on ABC....Watch it...There are Children in Mountains that need us to Watch....and Care.


My ancestors are from this area....Kentucky and West Virginia....I understand Appalachia....the people there...Poverty in this Coal Mining area is hidden....and what happens to the people...they too need to be remembered....RFK knew that when he came to Kentucky in the Sixities....but not much has changed in 40 years....Except some things are worse...Drugs....Health....Poverty....toothlessness....these people are not Hillbillies....they are hurting and real...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allison Krause " Down the River to Pray".....

2 comments:

Travelingman Rick said...

My family is from this same area. Recently I watched "Bobby" and I called mom to talk about 68, I was born in April, the assasinations were taking a toll.

Mom had allot to say about those days and her reccolections of what it was like back then. I have been meaning to blog about it but keep putting it off.

I took three pages of notes when I called her. Those images of Bobby Kennedy in Kentucky were pretty haunting.

enigma4ever said...

wow that is amazing TM...
so good that you are keeping your history alive....