Thursday, February 12, 2009

Charles Darwin's Birthday too....


A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
Charles Darwin

A man's friendships are one of the best measures of his worth.
Charles Darwin

"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - of approving of some and disapproving of others."

"A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone. "

"False facts are highly injurious to the progress of science, for they often endure long; but false views, if supported by some evidence, do little harm, for every one takes a salutary pleasure in proving their falseness."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Click the title to review his bio....I think I will reread the Origins Of Life this year...Let's Re-Embrace Science this year.....

6 comments:

Dr. Know said...

Let's Re-Embrace Science this year

Hey, I embrace it every day - by keeping copies of American Scientist in the can. ;-)

enigma4ever said...

me...
I like Popular Mechanics....esp old copies from yard sales....( and yes, I too like keeping mags like that in my fine "Lit Room".....cough ....)

;-)

Dr. Know said...

The reading room contains a variety of content - ranging from gardening, ponds, woodworking, digital video, DIY, plus periodicals from Sierra, Audubon and Sigma Xi.

It never seems to have an adequate roll, however. ;-)

enigma4ever said...

ahhh now if there is a Smithsonian I will be right over...


;-)

D.K. Raed said...

now I want to watch "Inherit the Wind" again!

D.K. Raed said...

ps, doesn't Darwin look like George Carlin in your pic? Kind of a RipVanWinkle Carlin?