Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mothers Day....


Mothering is a fabric of moments.....
treasured shells and stones in pockets,
fingerpainting with jello,
ice-skating with shaving cream on the kitchen floor,
handcrafted halloween costumes,
mountains of Lego,
milk Carton derbys,
animals adopted under unusual circumstances,
sand castles and bird nests,
surgery on stuffed animals,
buidling sandboxes....
and as the shoes get bigger,
the adventures get bigger,
sharing old Movies and the Rolling Stones,
a love of Vintage Posters,
and Favorite Books,
and Long talks about AIDS, Orwell, and
Arthur C.Clarke and Hawkings....
And the clock seems to tick too fast....

You can only hold the time so close and so dearly ....
and hope and pray that you have given them all that they need....
**********************************
To all the Mothers and Grandmothers I hope that you have a wonderful day....one to celebrate Children and all that it take to raise and nurture them. And to many of those that have lost Mothers in these past few years, know that your mother always lives on in you....

{ Click the Title it's Carly Simon " Coming Around Again & Itsy Bitsy Spider. I love this song, because Carly made this album and gave this performance on Martha's Vinyard after her divorce from James Taylor. It is a song about Healing....and during the Itsy Bitsy Spider part her daughter and son come out and sing.....the Spider song is such a mom song.....}

14 comments:

Fran said...

Happy M day to you....
Hope you are treated like a Queen for the day.
The lego vids are funny- I liked the picture taking episode.

kid said...

Sure,U can put me on your blogroll,I will do the same.Orwell,Zinn,Technopop,do u have a sister, just kidding.

Larry said...

Happy Mothers Day Enigma! Be happy today.

DivaJood said...

happy mother's day

D.K. Raed said...

Happy Mom's Day! For some reason, on Mother's Day, I always remember easter egg painting w/my mom. She was pretty creative that way. And as your list shows, everything was a learning experience...still is.

jmsjoin said...

Hi Mama
How'd I miss you the most deserving of all? Happy Mothers Day enigma! I hope you have been having a wonderful Day.

jmsjoin said...

i hope you are having an excellent Mothers day with 6.6 that was an excellent video!

Anon-Paranoid said...

enigma my sweet rose...

I hope your mothers day is one of the best days ever for you and I know your 6-6 son is very proud of you and what you do.

Take care my sweet and...

God Bless you.

Gryphen said...

Happy Mom's Day Enigma!

I hope 6-6 took good care of you today.

Mauigirl said...

Happy Mother's day to you, Enigma! Hope you had a good one!

MandT said...

"You can only hold the time so close and so dearly ....and hope" Beautiful post.

enigma4ever said...

Thank you one and all....I had a very quiet day with 6-6.... (( teenagers really are not really big celebrators....that is the way of it)....

BUT for the first time in 20 years I did not clean on Sunday....that was and is a very big deal for me....


I hope you all had a wonderful day.....

X. Dell said...

I hope you, and the rest of your maternal-type readers, had a wonderful Mothers' Day--and a number of great memories to remember it by every year.

Mary said...

I hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day.