Saturday, May 17, 2008

LAKE DAISETTA OPENS FOR TOURS....( yes , it is a Sinkhole, see updates below)


This photo is from Daisietta Texas, and was taken yesterday, it may be bigger by tomorrow. This Sinkhole formed so quickly and is still growing. It started forming just days ago on May 7th, it was originally only 20 feet wide. Now it is 900 ft long, and 260 ft deep. The geologists are unsure of how this Hole formed, but it appears that it was caused by Subsidence. It is now apparent that the Company on the edge of the hole ,The Deloach Company may have been injecting too much Salt WasteWater beneath the grounds, they were injecting 128,000 to 192,000 barrels per month. There are 100 Homes that may be sucked into the home, within yards of the Hole. Yet Friday Night the Mayor of the Town announced that the Sinkhole is now available for viewing and Tours....She thought it might reassure the Children.

Read the Comment thread below, it now appears that Diva and Fran are going to set up travel services to the "Lake". Enjoy their planning. I am updating with photos below, Patriot found the Gator photo. I think he needs a Name, any ideas ?

( I am not sure about you, but seems like it might scare the kids a bit to watch it eat cars. ).

*{Click the Title and watch the Sinkhole grow, sucking Silos, Farm Equipment, and tractors....}*

8 comments:

enigma4ever said...

oh wait...there is now Wildlife in the Hole- an Alligator has been spotted in the Hole, and photos taken, I will post them when I find them.....boy that's going to be great for the tours...omg...

DivaJood said...

As a Travel Professional, I need to know the following essential information: what is the cost of said tours; is this nett, or is it commissionable and at what percent; who are the guides; and will transfers be included between hotel and sinkhole?

Fran said...

Diva I work in the travel industry too- What kind of ammenities are included? Can you purchase a beverage package? Prepaid Gratuities? Will the our guide be fluent in English? Can I buy sinkhole visitation protection insurance? If the size of the sinkhole increases substantially, will the price go up? Can I purchase sinkhole souveniers?


Come One Come All- Step right up to visit Texas' Toxic Grand Canyon... man made kinda natural wonder. Just sign the waiver if anyone's hurt you can't sue us.

DivaJood said...

Fran, perhaps we could work together and create a monopoly on the market. Good question about the guide - I mean, really, it's hard to understant "Texan" and the guide should be able to speak English. Gratuities should be prepaid, and the package should include lunch. Not sure about the souveniers, because frankly, the souvenier shop might wind up slipping into the sinkhole.

I suggest we demand people purchase trip insurance or sign a waiver.

enigma4ever said...

omg...YOU TWO are killing me...

I came here and expected to find maybe questions about the Gigantic Sinkhole or about subsidence ( funny thing - a nurse would actually be a geophysical mining/subsidence junkie- that is a story for another day)......BUT look at you two offering your Travel expertise and creating the Comedy that was definently there...

( I have been watching this Hole grow all week, and 6-6 and I have been joking about it , he will yell from the other room "Oh, it ate another SILO, I wonder when we will see cows and oh, wait, another tractor" He think the Sci Fi channel should be there and film it...

I will try to get more info for you ....so you can have more fun with this...First I have to find photos of the Alligator....

you made me laugh really hard...

( The Mayor issued the statement yesterday about the Tours- and said it would "comfort" everyone , and especially the Children to see what it actually was....???? )

Dr. Know said...

I will pay top dollar to see the Bush family fortunes dissappear down this or any other sinkhole. No insurance -- act of God. (Even though it is actually the result of man's short-sighted efforts.) Perhaps it would finally put an end to the rein of the Bush oligarchy. Alligators are a good thing, make sure no Bush escapes.

But please leave the real farmers and ranchers alone.

enigma4ever said...

DrKnow:::

The Company that has been injecting the fluids do work with the Oil Industry...hmm, so there might be a connection....

I was hoping it was near Crawford- so I got a map out right away..but alas nope...too bad...

but you are right the gator would be good otherwise...
maybe Bush could go on a tour ? and meet mr.gator..

( as you see above- Diva and Fran are working on that....I am sure a lovely scenic could be arranged...)

enigma4ever said...

Patriot found a photo of the gator...and I found some more scenic shots...for the tour ladies...