Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday::Checking the Papers, Burnt Pancakes, and Green Tea Frappacinos.....


I will do what I do every Sunday...Check the Papers, clean and sweep and change the kitty boxes.Except this Sunday I will be checking the Reaction to Biden being Chosen....And yes, I will be making some pancakes, and maybe get a Frappacino later ( after I pay Bills- the reward). It is too hot here to want to do much else., at this rate I could flip pancakes on my front walk..and later will be the Olympic Closing Ceremonies. ( I am glad that they are ending, and no I did not like how NBC did them, I love Bob Costas, but the sheer scheduling nightmare was ludicrous).

And down below...More snippets of news...and a Ladies Blog Round Up...and because we know the Fellas are Mad about us...
the music is Belinda Carlisle " Mad About You"....

Scroll Down....there is more to ponder....McMansion and more....and the DNC Convention Schedule....A Good Story..."Tank Man"...and odds and ends....

7 comments:

Distributorcap said...

i still love belinda carlisle. call it recapturing youth

enigma4ever said...

yeah...and during this Comeback Era- she was so classy- very different than her GoGo's era....

yeah...we all were young once...Big Long Sigh....
have a good sunday :-)

Kellybelle said...

Have a beautiful day. I want some dog days of summer. I blogged about the reaction to the Biden choice. Basically, I feel Barack should forget aout the people who aren't comfortable with him and concetrate on those of us who really believe in him.

enigma4ever said...

KellyBelle:::
I will be over to visit...and yeah, that is how I feel too...I think Biden is about WHO he can see himself working with- it is not about HOW it can help him win states....I liked how strong Biden was at the Rally- really gave McCoot hell- that was good....

Have a great sunday ( I am pretty sure you will get your wish on that summer heat ;-)

Trinity said...

Usually make pancakes for the kids on Sunday myself but they seem to be suffering from pancake burnout as much as I'm suffering from political burnout.

Ingrid said...

I got really annoyed as well as when the aussie won the diving last night, I said to dh, watch, there's no American in the top three so we won't see the medal ceremony. The excuse that Americans are only interested in Americans does not hold true either as I think it has to do with advertising money and the Americans that have been promoted by the different companies. Anyone who watches the Olympics I suspect has more a sense of sportsmanship than the odd 'patriot' who has only eyes for an American winning.

NBC did a LOUSY job but until they cannot dominate broadcasting anymore, there's no incentive for them to be 'sportsman like.

Have a good sunday girlie!

Ingrid

enigma4ever said...

hey there Ingrid...
I hear you and agree...I hated that we only saw American stuff...I like seeing all the athletes from all over...and having to wait to Primetime- geez....what pain...and not able to see so much...oye...
( and no I am not into the patriotic stuff)

Beach Bum...
I hear you too..today just wanted a break...some other stuff to focus on- we are burned out pancakes too...actually kitchen was too hot for them...enjoy the story above...silly...( you are such a good dad- sunday cakes ;-)