Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday , after Watching 2 Days of the Convention, Here are my Thoughts and it ain't so pretty.


"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." Thomas Paine
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This Convention needs to start remembering the Hardworking Hurting People of this Country are counting on them to Get this Right....There are alot of REAL People Issues I have barely heard Whispered, from 47 Million without Healthcare or Underinsured, to the Damn Illegal War, to the Broken Busted Economy , to Our Failed Schools to Crimes Committed in Our Name ( yes, GITMO and Torture)....and the Care of Our Elderly and Our Vets that is beyond Shame......AND Our Children's Futures Hang in the Balance....There are NO 2nd Chances....The Whole World is Watching.....

Okay ,so while the CottonCandied Brained Punditheads, handwring over the Clintons Dynasty and wax poetic clinging to a nostalgia in that delusional Get Granpa His slippers kind of way...we need to really Talk. ( And People ask WHY I watch so MUCH CSpan, I think this week proves WHY, if it was not for Keith and Rachel and the Daily Show I would have Elvised my TV by now ). I have spent the past two days watching this Convention, I watch it because We Got Trouble Folks BIG TROUBLE.....I don't watch because this is a DEM LoveFest or because we have a Damn Thing to Be Proud of Right Here Right Now...Sending anyone out in a $3000 Prada Suit is not going to Sooth my troubled Soul, I have watched a good bit of Bad Dancing to Bad Music from the Disco Era, and it occurs to me that maybe these Folks have Forgotten WHY they are there ? Have they actually forgotten about this Criminal Titannical Administration and the Hell they have Inflicted on Everyone in this Country and OTHER Countries ? Are they Dancing With Delusions Too ?

Have they Forgotten WHY we NEED Change ? Well, Here let me Tell You WHY we NEED Change...See the Punditheads keep saying well, "The Dems better define WHY we need Change and HOW they are going to Bring it about". That WHOLE Argument is Wrong.....ALL they have to do instead of Listening to Crappy 80's Music is Watch Videos ABOUT the 8 years of BUSH HELL....And then there would be NO Questions About WHY we need Obama. It ain't Rocket Science or any kind of PR Konodrum, unless you have Severe Memory Damage.....We don't Need any more Poetic Patriotic KumbaYa Pandering we NEED Reality- WE THE PEOPLE are running out of Time......

Okay....so that being said. I have some Important Videos below to Watch and review WHY we need CHANGE, do watch the Kucinich that the MSM did Not Show and also Cecile Richards....and then in the Posts below I have posted the MAIN Important Speeches from this Convention So Far (even Kucinich and Richards)..But here on this post I have posted Some Other Educational Videos that they should run at the Convention.....And it would not cost them a Cent...But it would Wake them up and give them a Reality Check....We need Change, because We Got Trouble...BIG TROUBLE and will only get worse under More McBush . Kucinich Got it Right WAKE UP AMERICA !!!

"If we do not hang together, we shall surely hang separately." Thomas Paine
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PINK Sings " Dear Mr.President" ....the Best Anthem of the this Era....with Video

If you need Another Anthem, I have posted Dixie Chicks" Not Ready to Make Nice: linked to the title.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NO MORE WAR by Eddie Vedder 's song from "Body of War", the amazing Phil Donahue Documentary about VETS...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The Drive" Documentary of NOLA"s 9th Ward....Bush's OTHER Great FUBAR....Another Reason for CHANGE....beautifully done and disturbing....Very....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will be back later in the day....around 6pm , and yes I will Live Blog tonight, watch Cspan and a little of MSNBC...have a look below....Some of the Speeches are great....thank you for letting me Voice my concerns....

22 comments:

Mariamariacuchita said...

I am all for putting caffeine in the water table. Perhaps that will wake 'em all up. Good rant. And true!

MandT said...

You are so on target! as usual. Until Hills showed up in her orange prison suit the whole convention looked like a Lawrence Welk revival. Except Kennedy, who half dead, still manages more gumption in two lines than the whole lot of the others. He even said, OMG 'gay." The old lion still has it! We managed to get it out in 'McChucky World,' lately, but even while writing, know that truth is low on the list of consideration compared to entertainment. You are also right about Keith and Rachel. I swear I'd like to reach through the tube and throttle that high pitched, whinny neck of Chris Matthews or that pathetic old turtle Pat Puckecannon!. Ah, now I feel better---usually do after visiting. :) M

Fran said...

Hi E ~ Oh you are sooooooooooo right about this. For those paying any attention at all, there is a long list of not just "issues" , but SERIOUS High Crimes & Misdemeanors.
The general header "Failed Policies" does not cut it. The Dems need to have TEETH & BITE--I noticed this in the Kerry campaign as well....
he NEVER mentioned Abu Ghraib.... not once & it was a HUGE issue- that absolutely should have been brought up.

People should leave this convention with NO DOUBT AT ALL that the repubublican regime is criminal & as UN Ameican as it gets.

Even REPUBLICANS are hurting & having their businesses tank because the repub party has abandoned & ignored them too.

You just know the repugs are going to get on stage & blame the Dems for gas prices because they won;t let us drill our own oil.
There is an area we need to do a preemptive strike on-- they failed to get with it in alternative energy, so now they want to say drilling is the answer.

Obama had better not stand at the podium chanting Change & Hope, hoping himself we don't need substance & specifics.
I do hear lots of grumbling amongst long term Dems saying he has not made his case.
They are thinking of not voting.

I can't imagine doing that in this election-- or voting for their pet--but that is what I am hearing. The Dems had better not assume we are all on the same page because clearly, just holding up signs with the word unity is not going to cut it.

Maybe they need to print up signs that read "Impeachable Crimes" &" Lots of them"
"Human Rights Violatinos" "Bankrupt America"

They had better step up, because we don;t want the next foreclosure to be on this campaign.

Fran said...

BY the way, on my computer, not one of the vids you posted is showing up. they appear as blank spaces. Damn!
I am going to you tube to find Kuchinich's speech.
MSM did not play one word of his speech- nor did Public broadcasting. Ugh!

Billie Greenwood said...

Enigma, there is so much to chew on here that I just want to chew it slowly all day. Your posts are so thoughtful. Just wanted to say thanks. Your concerns show that you are not asleep and, when you share them, it is a support to me and others.

jmsjoin said...

Hillary did a pretty good job relating the average persons needs and that McCain was against them. I thought Gov. Patrick did a good job depicting the plight of the poor and education and how everything we are for will worsen under McCain. They are building the case and it is up to Obama to close it!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

u need to read my last two post for real 7 Houses of Czechoslovakia and No John Adams, No LBJ – easy mud slinging for Che...

enigma4ever said...

Home early hmmm Let's talk...

TORRANCE::::
Hey there- great posts...you been rocking it over there...( I lurk alot more than people know- and if you left me thinking...sometimes speechless ...)

Patriot:::
She did a good job....and definently opened the Door for Being honest that McCain is NOT Our Friend...

oopops be right back..

enigma4ever said...

Border::
I do indeed think that Some of us are Awake, and some are not ...You indeed are very much awake...You have shown that a woman can blog on tough issues with heart and compassion....I believe in you, your blog and the work that you do...

Fran:::
I am sorry about the videos, I hope they end up working...I put them up early this am ( 5am) so I hope that it was just an AM glitch...( I have been using Safari because FireFox was not working for me esp the videos)....And yes, this is the one time NOBODY should be voting their pet or playing it Apathetic and OH pooooor me - it doesn't matter...
This is the ONE time ALL of Us Vote- Not for OURSELVES- but for the OTHERS- the VETS, the children, the homeless, the sick, the elderly....the godamned Huddled Masses is US.....You keep blogging it woman...we need Every Voice...

Mandt:::
Thank you...I had to say it..I have been watching for many many hours..because it is alll Important to be vigilant- we are in a BATTLE...this Country needs everyone of us to get this Right...and you are one of the People that is Doing IT.....( Btw I want to "borrow" your Homeless Vets video ? would you mind ? Cuz I am going to keep pounding this ISSUE thing...)

Maria_Maria:::
Hey there....thank you...Hmmm Someone got a C&L shout out ( actually I hope they shout out to all of Women Bloggers - esp ones in the Round Ups-cuz the women are doing a great job....FInally at 5am I found the Cecile Richards video - Yahooo. thanks for putting her speech up...So good you are back and blogging it with Fire...

Utah Savage said...

I will come back and read your post once my brain has retained its capacity to order. In the meantime, could you give me a Nursely but technical diagnosis of the heart info I got from my Nurse Practitioner. It's about flabby valves that don't quite close.

enigma4ever said...

I will Email you Utah....check your box...okay ?

enigma4ever said...

I am Joyous to announce as of 6:48 PM Senator Obama became the Official Nominated Candidate of the Dem Party.....

( and yes.....HE IS OUR Presidential Candidate !!!!)

Unknown said...

GREAT post and I agree 100%. They should be excoriating the living hell out of the rethugs and the shrub and McLame. It's too much of a love fest. And they all dance so badly. And you know how I feel about the LOUSY production and music. A friend today said they don't waste time/money on production since the main stations don't air the conventions any more.

So we are doomed to the nasty, ill-chosen music. Ugh.

Good on Obama. He absolutely HAS to get elected.

Fran said...

Hi E ~ I am home on my weekend & my son & I did a trade-- he took my car to work & loaned my his laptop computer for the day. NOW I can see the vids. That Pink song brings me to tears & the NOLA video is gutwrenching-- all very real & very horriblke things that happened- or are still happening today still, these are a perfect sampling of the reality check of the BUsh admin & should not be put under teh general header of failed policies, We all need to hear the list & feel the pain of what has really transpired- painful awful & atrocious as it is, Thanks for this heartfelt post

Kellybelle said...

I'm witcha, sista! I was listening to WCPN this morning about how we are without a doubt worse off than we were 7 years ago. They got data and proof and people are acting like we're picking an American Idol.

Unknown said...

OOH! Melissa Ethridge is rockin' the house but not on MSNBC, on CSPAN.

I love Ethridge. Finally some GOOD music!!!

enigma4ever said...

Helen:::
She was wonderful...phew...a real person that can sing..thank you Melissa...And yes, about What is not being spoke of...I am hoping that tonight we hear from Biden...and this afternoon was a little better...but stilll I am Waiting...

Kellybelle::
Right On !!!, seriously they are treating it American Idol...I am sorry but I was sitting here last night and I made a list of WHAT I did not hear...it haunted me...ALL of us have suffered and are worse off- whether it be gas, VETS, and food and housing costs...and worse...Anyways We need to from Obama..that is what we need ...( btw I watched Michelle speak this afternoon to Emilys List- I will post later- she was So Amazing AGAIN- and huge crowd.....)

Thanks again CSPAN and MSNBC I will be jumping back forth...

See Ya..

Unknown said...

Harry Reid just nearly put me to sleep!

Unknown said...

OH NO ... "eye of the tiger".... shmaltzy...

enigma4ever said...

Patrick Murphy Spoke with 25 Other Service Members he was very moving....( he served in IRaq..) he said" we want to serve a president we can be proud of" ( OUCH.. I will find on Youtube later- he was very good)...

Now at 8:35 PM Madeline Albright is speaking- and she is kicking McCains ass ( saying he does not know how to Learn...Ouch...)

Helen I am up on the Upper thread..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bayh is speaking now...not bad...He is giving it to McCain,,,comparing him to Bush......

****************
Fran _ I responded to you and AGAIN Blogger ate my Comment...shit..Anyyways...Thank you- I am so glad that you got the videos to work...I have been having trouble too- but I think that my video card is dying...they are gutwrenching-..I do love Pink's Song..and also the song linked to the title by the Dixie Chicks....I think the reality is that we in a way are past the breaking point...Broken....Anyways thank you for taking time on your day off...Many Hugs....hang in there- your son and my son and all of Our children deserve better .....Namaste..

Anonymous said...

Yea, you got enigma, my god, that music has to go ! It reminds us of an old Steve Martin routine, the white guy trying to be cool and hep, remember?

Kucinich was great, Michelle was outasight, Hillary delivered, and finally tonight things got going with some of the pre Biden speakers and Biden, man he is a bulldog.

Well, the Democrats drank alot of poison with Hillary vs. Obama, I mean that was terrible, and the Democrats don't have much to be proud of with their non attempts to stand up to Bush.

Jeez, Pelosi, man I thought for sure they might boo her or give her the cane. BUT THEY DIDN'T !!

Let's see what happens tomorrow.

THXS for all the updates.

enigma4ever said...

Marj::
You are welcome- have been trying to post the signifigant moments and Voices that needed to be heard...I think Michelle and Teddy really got things started- but we needed to hear about SO Many things..( like I wrote above) and finally we have real things discussed today and tonight- about damn time,,,eh? Ie the Constitution..Illegal war etc.

Pelosi can take a hike...

Anyways I will update tonight and try to find some of the better speechs and post...I thought Dennis was wonderful...( MSM did not show- idiots)..

Anyways...it's is getting more interesting...let 's see what happens tomorrow...