Tuesday, April 01, 2008

SPRING IS FINALLY HERE....finally.....


(originally posted 3.31.08)
Spring is FINALLY here....the snows have finally melted, and there is grass ( of a sorts) again. It is warm here, in the upper forties, there are crocuses, and mud. And Baseball began, with the Indians winning their Opening day....10-7 over the Sox....It was a good day.

As a little Spring Gift I have Linked A Painting Elephant to the Title. The Elephant is named Chiang Mae and she is a Star on YouTube, she painted flowers, and even self portraits ( see the Link). She is in a refuge in Thailand, after serving hard work in Burma, she is receiving care and therapy in the Refuge. Painting is part of her therapy. Watch her paint with such care and so quietly. Her work in Available for sale to supoort her care at ExoticWorldGifts.com, they have many fine arts and crafts available.

Art can be therapeutic for any that have been traumatized.... Soft Strokes and healing Colors....

8 comments:

enigma4ever said...

I hope you watch the WHOLE video...it is amazing...

Frank Partisan said...

We are having 5 inches of snow here in MN.

enigma4ever said...

Renegade.....
I am sooooo sorrry..hmmm, I hope that it does not wander this way...

D.K. Raed said...

Yeaaay for Spring! I love how fresh the air feels.

I watched the whole vid and thought WOW, another barrier has been crossed, one assumed to be uniquely human. That little flourish at the end to show how her trunk holds the flower was breathtaking! I've seen apes paint, but they do not do self-portraits, at least not recognizeably so. They use mostly vibrant colors, ending up with a canvas that resembles a Jackson Pollock.

jmsjoin said...

Congratulations on opening season! That picture is beautiful, is that nice there already? Our snow should be primarily gone today but more snow wouldn't surprise me. That video is pretty cool, quite remarkable actualy! I wish I could have one of them, the elephant that is.

Thorne said...

The weather is springing here slowly, but my interior landscapes seem to thaw more reluctantly. Perhaps the Hot Water Bottle of blogging will help. Gods know I've nothing to lose.
Thank you for the elephant and the lovely and hopeful photo.
Namaste, my friend.

enigma4ever said...

thorne:
hey there friend.....I hope that thawing does happen....and helps ;-) I send you many hugs and many warm water bottles....light ....and hope...namaste....

Patriot:
It is this NICE only in my mind......but I am dreaming...of seeds...spring.....and warm sun....and seedlings coming up and buds....


DK:
Isn't she amazing....I am in love with her and hope that she is being tended with love and care and tenderness now....such a beautiful soul...truly an artist......takes one's breath away....

jmsjoin said...

Keep dreaming enigma! Dreams are what life is made of and where hope springs eternal!