Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday Night Soulfood: Lilacs , Green Tea and Walt Whitman...


*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
It is Sunday Afternoon....I finished sweeping, cleaning the frig,taking the trash out. and brushing the critters. I am making Green Tea Sun Tea and Homemade Pizza for dinner.....and I trimmed my Ancient Lilac Tree ( bush) by the porch....and then I took a break to watch the Indians play the Yankees ( don't ask).....And then I took a break and listened to this great music that Will"take no prisoners" hart reccommended , songs that are sung by another Redhead, Neko Case, she sounds Canadian or from the Northwest....anyways click the title and enjoy......the Song is "Hold On, Hold On".

( by the way I stayed up way too late reading Walt Whitman last night, I was looking for a poem about trees, but I became very distracted....very....holy cow ...Have you ever read him? I mean Really read him ??? he really was a very sexy writer....how did I miss That....? I never did find the Tree poem....oh well....)

Hope you had a Good Sunday.....

6 comments:

billie said...

a couple of my favorite activities- getting distracted by lilacs and walt whitman ;)

enigma4ever said...

yeah.....me too...I needed distracting...I think all of us do at this point...

D.K. Raed said...

It is my curse to remember distracting details ... such as, that Bill gave Monica a copy of "Leaves of Grass" which was very hurtful to Hillary because that was the book he first wooed her with in college. Later I read somewhere that he was known to have given it other women too. I won't let it wreck Whitman for me, though.

Did you ever see "Beautiful Dreamers" with Rip Torn as WW? OK, I will slink away now.

enigma4ever said...

omg.....DK you are so funny.....I never heard that.......( I don't remember that in either of their books...)

Blueberry said...

I love Neko Case.

Mauigirl said...

I remember the Bill/Monica Leaves of Grass thing. What a skunk he was.

I did study Whitman in college but it was so long ago and I was such a callow, shallow young thing then, that I probably didn't appreciate him. Will have to dig out "Leaves of Grass" and give it a new read!