Saturday, September 06, 2008
First Off as a Nurse that ran a NonProfit that studied Community Health and did Massive County Wide Health Surveys, I am going to spend the Weekend studying Palins Budget...because that is What a Community Organizer does...Studies How Government Takes Care of the Community....
I am still picking this apart, and there are parts of it that I know are MISSING....and programs that have been drastically slashed....and Some Other Pet Projects that are budgeted and yet hard to find information on ( I call these Phantom Projects...) She kept gloating over her budgets the other night during her speech, yet a Budget that is Balanced on the backs of the poor, children, women and Elderly and Special Needs Children...That is not a "Budget"...that is a Travesty...Especially if the DHHS part of her Budget Experienced the Deepest Cuts...which it appears to be the case.
Click the Link if you want to help Dig....( this is 2007-2008, I am still looking for and NEED this year 2008/2009 )
( She CUT Youth Educational Programs, Head Start Programs,Meals on Wheels, Elderly Transport, Special Needs Care, and Youth Programs, Youth Centers, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, HIV /AIDS Care etc...these programs were either CUT Totally or drastically slashed)
QUESTIONS from looking at the Budget Night One:::
(1) The Pioneer Home Program for the Elderly was cut- was that due to Numbers of Elderly dying or moving away or What ?
I also saw NO Spending for Day Programs or Assisted Living Programs .....
(2) FAS ( Fetal Alcohol Syndrome) Programs were drastically cut as well, as there is NO Existing Spending on Alcohol Drug Education Programs , which for a State that has a large Native American Population seems Questionable and troubling?
(3) Where is the Spending on Special Needs Programs for Infants, Parents and also for their Preschool needs ?
(4) I have been told that FAS children and Native Children with Behavioral problems are sent out of State for Care and Education, yet I am having a difficult time ascertaining that their needs are met, and what is spent on their care and their monitoring ?
(5) Where are the Poverty Programs : Food Banks ? Meals on Wheels for Elderly? Shelter Programs ?
(6) Another Program that I could not find under her Budget, was School Breakfast and Lunch Programs ?
(7) Another Program that I can not locate funding for is Disaster Preparedness ( Earthquakes and Tsunami issues).