Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas 2005: Pumpkin Soup, Pancakes,Popcorn & Promises

Christmas was very quiet at Enigma's urban loft. The Xena warrior princess kitty ( who thinks she is a dog) and Lilly the deaf barkless Basenjii ( who thinks she is a cat) took turns lying in front of the fire. It rained by Lake Erie and there was a dingy grey haze that enveloped the city. And the temperature rose to 38 tropical degrees. ( and after the below Brrrr Zero of last week- we were beyond happy for the tropical 30's). It was Pumpkin soup, popcorn, and pancakes.Our little tree is up in the corner with 20 years of reglued handmade sentimental ornaments.The ornaments are just part of a larger broken picture.

It was a very quiet Christmas. The last Christmas was spent in a old rotting Victorian Rooming House on the California Coast in a 20X10 Room with a very sick Enigma and a dying marmalade cat named Philo. It was rainy and windy and awful and just one more Christmas in a Strange place. This is our forth Christmas in a different place....a strange not quite Home place. A refugee In My Own Country. And yeah due to being sick and not working much, the old Enigma Christmas budget was small....too small. Many people had this kind of Christmas.

In 2001 I blew the Whistle on a big bad Evil Chemical Company to the Federal Government, I had done a County Wide Health Survey and the Results were staggering. I did it because I had sick neighbors and friends and It had to be done. I never thought twice What would happen next. I never thought my government was part of the collusion , the poison. This year the Big Evil Company sold Billions under price and they did stop all their dangerous polluting on the little contaminated town,even though they left their toxic mess behind. I never thought that IT would change Everything Forever. I was wrong.

The Big Company was pissed and the Government , this administration was not happy with the lil' nurses data and her complaints. The Company also had a long lasting relationship with the Bush Family, but I did not know that.The Nurse was harrassed and threatened, and she kept having to move her little family for safety. It didn't always work. I know most citizens don't Believe Their Government would spy on them or tap their phones, or look at their Library records or medical records.All agencies are being used, and misused to do this to 1000's of citizens. I am not paranoid, just pissed and really tired. Most people are naive like I was, but now I know what it feels like to be poked and prodded. I know also what the it feels like to be Abandoned by the Federal Government and be mistreated by Federal Authorities and have Trust demolished. I have complete empathy for the folks of Katrina...and the Aftermath they have experienced.

*** If you want to know more about the Enigma tale , it is under Silent Fallout over on my links, ( yes, I blogged my book) the intro, and other chapters over time will be up for interested readers.If any of you know a Good Agent I am interested. Please leave me messeges on watergate summer.***

But this year I am with my son, and our little dog and cat and we have a nice dry apartment. And that is Something to Treasure. I watch the folks , the Survivors of Katrina and the Tsunami, and the 1000's that have lost jobs and homes these past 4 years and I know that Change has to come. And I know that I have much to be grateful for, no matter how small they may seem to others...

And yes, our Christmas was pancakes and popcorn and promises to my son. Because Promises are all I had to give. But with Promises I give Hope and Faith for a better future...
Blessings and prayers to Blogatopia. Namaste.

No comments: