Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Finally.....Molly Ivins Wisdom...and more...

"Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly."~~Langston Hughes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LillyDog at the attic Window...looking for the owl in the tree...Isn't it funny how dogs really have their priorities straight....they make us stop for the flowers...and the birds....August 20th 2004 my LillyDog showed up at our Doorstep out West and decided that I was her owner....She claimed my home and my heart...I am forever grateful to this amazing little Barkless Basenji. This amazing dog helped me work with Homeless Iraq Vets suffering PTSD in downtown Cleveland and now she has been helping me work with Bhutan Refugees...and she helped me write The Book laying by my leg hour after hour while I typed...This quiet little gentle dog with the large eyes is so special....She is a "Rescue", but in the end we know that she rescued me too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Molly Ivins Sharing Some Wisdom on Fear Mongering...and Fear..."Why We Hurt Ourselves" (2004)

"Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."-- Molly Ivins
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And yeah...I am editing the Final Edit of the Final Chapter....so some Music to Celebrate ...Firework LIVE by Katy Perry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Florence and the Machine "You've got the Love"



1 comment:

Fran said...

Molly Ivans rocks. Her words still ring true. I need to listen to her when I feel so overwhelmed with being disenfranchised.
The change & hope thing faded fast in the shadows of wars that rage on.