Tuesday, October 18, 2005

FAIR GAMEGATE

So here we still sit waiting for the other shoe to drop. I am sure that over the next few days there will be more baby stroller threats, and hours and hours of Avian Flu coverage. And also the Saddam trial will most likely be aired LIVE, in a feigned attempt to justify the War in Iraq that is now hemmorhaging support by the hour. And Wilma is churning out in the Carribean, so there is even another distraction on the horizon that Bush would be wise to notice.

I have wondered of the media coverage of this whole event, the Fair Gamegate Investigation.
Many of us have been calling it Plamegate, and I have been thinking that maybe that is not fair to Valerie Plame.
( Remember Mr.Wilson was told be another reporter who too had recieved a Bait call from the White House the summer of 2003 that his wife was "Fair Game."....)

I think about her, and how her life has been torn asunder, and thrown upside down, and all because she was trying to do her job. And I have thought alot about Joe Wilson, and I am rereading his Book, and I realize that their lives were basically destroyed because this Regime was hellbent on lying about the WMD, they were merely collateral damage. They are not the 1st messengers to be shot down. But Americans should never be treated in the manner that they were treated, and that is why I think maybe the situation should be called Fair-Gamegate, or even Bushgate, or Cheneygate. I think that Cheney and Bush lied about weapons and caused so many to die and destroyed a country. The irony is that they are the traitors, there was no patriotism in lining their pockets. And it was never about terrorism. It was about Greed, Oil, and money.

I think Judy and her article last weekend has brought out a lot of emotions.
I still am puzzled WHY the NYT has done such a crappy job on the whole story- and then I sigh, and realize their Investigations Unit has been sanitized, and is of diminished strength. I am wondering if they are under any gag orders regarding the Investigation, especially after the Notebook was FOUND in the DC offices. If you read the articles over the weekend it does not say that Judy found the notebook. It merely says she answered questions regarding the Notebook.

And the story by her fellow reporters was less than flattering, not even supportive, and surely not forgiving.
They wrote knowing she has tarnished their paper, and the damage might not be repairable, not at this point.

We should support the press, because right now we all Need the Truth, and Freedom of the Press, which surely has been placed in jeporardy. I wonder if we encourage the Press, the Media and our representitives is that going to make a difference.
A part of me does think that Fitz should have the Silence and Quiet to complete the Investigation, that maybe that will let him get the job done......

I will say this the media has been very skimpy on covering the issue well enough- but the blogs have been very thorough-
thank heavens....

And about the Fair Game- I wonder how the White House feels the Game is going now....now that they no longer hold all the cards. Maybe the lesson is that people's lives are never Fair Game.

6 comments:

enigma4ever said...

A Messege to the Repug- Thug-lets....You come here leaving turds you will be swept off my blog....I don't want you to come here and bother my loyal readers ( all 3 of them) and my bands of lurkers.....Go watch Bill O'Reilly, or listen to Rush's dribble...be a better use of your time....
Two monthes from now you will be hiding in shame....as you should.... Sorry readers....

No Blood for Hubris said...

Hi.

Sorry to hear you've been freeped. Happens to the best, I guess.

No Blood for Hubris said...

Hi.

Sorry to hear you've been freeped. Happens to the best, I guess.

enigma4ever said...

Thanks NBFH,,,,it's okay, the little trollies stop by dribbling and cursing. leaving little turds and I sweep them off....No worries....It is like having birds shit on your car- you just clean it up .....They think Bullying is their patriotic right at this point....but that will all change....

Anonymous said...

only turds I see from your writings is the gibberish that comes from your mouth.

Scott said...

I love your site. Great information presented in a well thought out fashion.

Unfortunately the critics either don't feel the need or are unable to broaden their thought process as to take in facts and look at the big picture on this or really any issue.

Thanks also for your comments on my site http://thebushwhackedleague.blogspot.com/ they are always welcome and much appreciated.

Keep up the good work.