Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Wednesday ::Salmonella Ponderings (aka Gut Crud),Internetitis,and IRS resolutions

"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer." ~Albert Einstein

*******************************************
My Apologies for not being here, or any blogs for the past few days...There have been some problems...some beyond my control...and some I am still wrestling.

So here it is Wednesday.....This week has been bumping along....and I have not been in blogatopia as much as I should be,or would like to be...

4th of July Weekend I hung out with 6-6 and watched alot of bad movies....And yes, my stomach and gut are still a wreck..and I just learned that yes, indeed MANY vegis are being exmained for salmonella- I did not know that..I do know if I am still sick with this Gut Crud by the end of the week I need to go to the Free Clinic....I will have to...Here I thought I was so smart giving up tomatos, and switching to Canadian Tomatos, but I was still living on salads, but I may have been making this problem worse....but between the Gut Crud and the Reflux I am miserable ( add in 90's heat)....so...ce la vie..

When one is Intestinally miserable, there is only one solution....sit in a cool room drink iced tea and hang out with 6-6 and watch Bad Movies....We also watched ALL of the Arrested Developement Series, every last episode...and that helped, I highly reccomend....Last Night we had no internet after another Huge Thunderstorm, I don't get it why it goes out almost every thunderstorm we have...I wish I could send this rain to California ( without the lightening obviously...)

Now on another note, please do know that I went to IRS and yes, I did indeed get my woes resolved....I think....they say is it NOW fixed...and I have papers saying that too.....so I hold my breath and pray...( So thank you for all the good energy and thoughts as I have been grumbling these past two weeks...) Now I don't know if there is a Rebate in our future...but I am so relieved to not owe thousands of dollars .......( there is Not enough Mylanta for that kind of stress).

So summer is still cooking here...and 6-6 and I are still bumbling along through the heat with our critters....jus' trying to get by......my son has been humming this song below round the house for the past few days....so I thought I would share it with you....( I had no idea he even liked Joe Cocker...) I also have updated the blog below with some more Beach Meanderings, including Beach Music and Beach FOOD.....and ENGIMA CAFE is update too...I hope everyone is doing okay....take care out there...namaste.

Joe Cocker's "Feeling Alright" live......


"If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking." ~Buddhist Saying
************************
7.10.08 Footnote
So tonight I watch the CBS News...and voila I learn that while I have been dealing with the Bonus of Eating Too Many Salads....guess what the FDA has been rewarding their Idiots with Bonuses...where is that Mylanta? I will post below

15 comments:

Billie Greenwood said...

Ooh, I'm relieved to know you're basically OK and the IRS thingie is history. Have been thinking of you. Love the Buddhist saying & the video. Take care.

jmsjoin said...

enigma
Glad you and 6.6 are doing okay. I hope your IRS problem is resolved. They are worse than having a hit out on you! I hope too that you feel better son and do not have to go to the clinic. As for the Salmonella they seem to be honing in on everything salad and to me that means all until further notice. I am lucky! I eat a lot of fruits and veggies as well as chicken and turkey depending on what I feel like eating.
I eat canned nothing and luckily I have been into fruit, turkey, and chicken as of late. You take care and take care of wonderful you in all ways!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

irs puts a bad taste in my mouth

enigma4ever said...

torrance:::
a BAD taste indeed....It took many hours...that made it interesting...there was much to observe....as a writer, I higly reccomend going to ANY fed office and Watching......you can learn alot...the people that work there were amazing....so nice ( seriously...I think they felt bad about my mess....they were all very helpful...I mean no one should open an envelope and expect that Kind of Bill , when they thought it was a "rebate check"...it was like a bad joke)....but I "think' it is resolved..I hestitate to think it is all fixed...but I do have some hope....


Patriot::
I am okay.,...gut is a wreck...but the son's computer is getting repaired...I have internet today...the thunderstorms watered all my plants....and I am hanging in there...hope you are too....I won't be around the blogs too much- cuz
6-6 and I are sharing one little laptop.....BUT soon enuf...

Border Exploer::
thanks.....I am a-okay....things are looking up on 60% of the fronts...so that helps...thanks for thinking of me...I was over at your blog over the weekend- you have much going on....take care.....

Frank Partisan said...

If Pepto doesn't work, you're in trouble.

enigma4ever said...

Thanks Renegade...
Nope we are way past the Pepto phase of things...I have existing Reflux...this is something entirely different....I am calling it Saladititis....( or shredded gut.....)

well, in the next few days I will probally go to the Free Clinic to get some treatment and real care...yup...

Gryphen said...

I was wondering where you were!

I am sorry you are feeling poorly and hope you are better soon.

I cannot help but imagine that among those so called "bad movies" you watched with 6-6 are probably some of my all time favorites.

Get well soon, it is oh so lonely on the internet without you.

Dr. Know said...

Beautiful waterfall.

I, as well, wondered if you had gone sabbatical again. I'm prone to go on impromptu walkabouts myself, but no one much notices. Glad you're OK. Easting out a lot in untried places around the country over the years has me all too familiar with the various strains of bio-activity in foods. I feel your misery. (Man does that phrase and its various permutations seem tainted now.)

Sorry about the bugs -- our food chain is unaccountable. COOL should be manditory for so many reasons, this included.

Another Einstein quote (paraphrased anyway):
The art of genius not in knowing everything, which is impossible, but in knowing where and how to quickly find the information you need.

Namaste.

Fran said...

I was starting to wonder about you & if you were OK. Glad to hear the Tax man is off your back & they were kind to you.

Hope you are on the mend soon.

D.K. Raed said...

I hope your gut clears up without a clinic trip! Gotta worry about dehydration & getting your electrolytes back in synch. Maybe drink Gatorade-type drinks in addn to lots of water. Apples & rice & saltines always work for me. And mild sweet tea.

My Dad and Brother went through this a few weeks ago after eating some burritos from local taco place that they've eaten at for years. Took them a couple weeks to get over it. Seriously!

However I must say, the coincidence of your IRS woes & gut problems is pretty stark. May not have been the salad afterall?

enigma4ever said...

DK:::
Oh....the IRS was just bad timing...I may indeed be the Queen of Really Bad Timing.....the gut thing has to be the salads..I have had no fast food this summer...and it won't go away....( at this rate I think the IRS thing might even be resolved sooner than the Gut thing..)

Fran:::
I am okay.....just trying to cope....( aren't we all ???) I just saw that Phil Graham - McCain's Economic Adviser says " we are a nation of whiners"...what the??????really ??? so we are all economically miserable...and struggling....and he says THAT.....so just to be clear...I am not "whining"!!!
And yeah, the Tax Folks were very helpful and nice- SOMEONE in DC is WHO screwed up my taxes....but I do know that people NOW are trying to fix it....so I have a little hope....

DRKNOW::
thank you for coming..nope - no sabbatical just trying to cope and get through a rough spell..."Easting out" that is a lovely phrase....and I love the Einstein quote...and glad you liked the scene I posted, I just wanted to post a cool retreat....take care...namaste...

Gryphen::
I am still here...and I will be back to my old self at some point here....oh about the bad movie...you know- like a WILL FERRELL marathon...that kind of thing...thanks for your thoughts .....take care up there...

Dr. Know said...

E4E, I have a pile of hi-res shots that I use as computer desktop backgrounds, and they are almost all nature scenes. Here is another for you: Mountain Stream

enigma4ever said...

Dr.Know...
thank you...I also would love to use a Certain Garden shot at some point ;-)

Frank Partisan said...

I would have seen the MD by now. Typical nurse, not taking care of yourself like you do others.

I don't believe you are too happy with Obama's FISA vote, or his advocating merit pay. I can expect that from Bush. Obama and the Dems, needs criticism when they sucumb like that.

enigma4ever said...

Renegade:::
typical nurse..yes that would be me..the world's worst patient....

( see here is the thing....I actually make too much money - 2 thousand a year to legally go to the FREE Clinic- no insurance as I was tossed due to familial Cancer history- Breast and lung...etc...and so to go there is always iffy if I will have to pay...then add to that...the antibiotics for salmonella is alot...so in the midst of all this- 6-6s computer broke...so I am waiting to pick that up and any money left over from repairing that...I will use for my gut meds...so I have to wait until I pick up the computer from the repair shop....) Now I did go to a Natural Store and got Enteric Tea and Green tea to try...and Gatorade...so I am taking care ...BUT I am trying to keep costs down...and yes....sigh...like any nurse I am trying to fix it myself....)

Now about the FISA- no I am not happy- and will probally blog about it this weekend- I am still researching a few things...but yes I did sign the ACLU signup about it.....and yes, I am working on a couple of political posts.....would you like a chilled Mylanta Shooter? they are lovely- lemon creme...