Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Then it was Tuesday....13 days to go...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage." Maya Angelou
( this quote made me think of Obama....and yes McCain....for very different reasons...)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paul Krugman writes about the Real Plumbers of Ohio....
My other Favorite Posts of the week....you must go read Distributor Cap.... he really nails it....

And Monday Endorsements went up 112 to 39 ( 26 papers that backed Bush in 2004).

More Updates throughout the day....
5PM Update::
PEW 53% Obama to 38% McCain...
CBS Poll 54% Obama to 41% McCain....

TPM Central Poll Update :::
• Gallup: Obama 52%, McCain 42%, with a ±2% margin of error, compared to a 52%-43% Obama lead yesterday.
• Rasmussen: Obama 50%, McCain 46%, with a ±2% margin of error, unchanged from yesterday.
• ABC/Washington Post: Obama 53%, McCain 44%, with a ±3% margin of error, the same as yesterday's numbers. This is the second day of the ABC/WaPo tracking poll, and the first day we're including it in the Composite.
• Hotline/Diageo: Obama 47%, McCain 41%, with a ±3.4% margin of error, compared to a 47%-42% Obama lead from yesterday.
• Research 2000: Obama 50%, McCain 42%, with a ±3% margin of error, unchanged from yesterday.
• Zogby: Obama 50%, McCain 42%, with a ±2.9% margin of error, compared to a 50%-44% Obama lead yesterday.
Adding these polls together and weighting them by the square roots of their sample sizes, Obama is ahead 50.5%-43.1%, a lead of 7.4 points, compared to the 50.5%-43.7% Obama lead from yesterday, when the ABC/WaPo numbers are included in yesterday's total.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This AM on Morning Joe Chuck Todd explained McCain 's losing ground game::

Then this Afternoon Bill Maher sets Chris Matthews straight about Joe the Plumber....and More.

Come to Ohio and Volunteer....if you can..great video...the video just shows Ohio....and what has happened here....

POST BELOW HAS INFORMATION TO SEND CARDS TO OBAMA'S GRANDMOTHER...

9 comments:

Fran said...

I can't come to Ohio! But I have relatives there & they will vote for Obama & have supported his campaign.

I am in Oregon though & will help with the last push, volunteering to work the phones. I have my ballot in my hot hands, I can vote now--- but I have 2 volumes of ballot measures-- I shit you not-- volume 1 is 154 pages & volume 2 is 45 pages.Thank god the League of Womens voters narrowed it down to a 32 page nn partisan guide with pros & cons.

Also got a glossy full color voters guide from some right wing organization.... pretty much everything they endorse, I oppose. In a way their endorsements are helping me decide on some of the measures that are confusing.

Also if a ballot measure itself runs on for 5 pages, then it is not ready for prime time!

NONE OF IT BELONGS IN THE CONSTITUTION, BUT THEY ARE ALL WRITTEN AS AMENDMENTS TO The CONSTITUTION SO IT CAN'T BE TWEAKED IN THE LEGISLATURE.

Oregon is going to have the funkiest, biggest Constitution in the Union.

enigma4ever said...

Fran::
Oregon is so funky..but I miss it anyways ;-)


PEW Research Obama 53% to McInsane 38%.....Whoaaaaa...

CBS Poll:::
54% to McCain 41%.....

The numbers are starting to tell the truth....

enigma4ever said...

Fran:: I forgot to say....thank you for your folks in Ohio....thank you...thank you....

very grateful...

Jolly Roger said...

We'll take this one, whether or not Ohioans get past prejudice and do the right thing. Colorado and New Mexico make it just about impossible for Johnny to prevail.

Agi said...

I can't wait for this thing to be over...

libhom said...

I've noticed that Obama's opponents for the Democratic nomination (except Kucinich) ran the same kind of consultant-driven campaigns with no interest in the grassroots. Obama has proven that political organizing matters. Regardless of what liberals and progressives think of Obama's stands on the issues, we all need to learn from his methods.

Mariamariacuchita said...

Great updates...Thanks!

Ingrid said...

stop the countdown E and come on over to my place. I just tagged you for a very simple 'exercise'..I think you'll like it..
hugs

Ingrid

enigma4ever said...

thanks everyone for the nice messeges...I am under the weather .....not blogging much today Wednesday...sorry...be back tomorrow- hopefully....

( Ingrid- I have to warn you I suck at MEMES.....But I will be over to visit)