Tuesday, February 17, 2009

About the Stimulus Package...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All the Kings Horses and All the Kings Men could not put Humpty together again...See Humpty is severely injured, he needs Care....MUCH care...From ALL of us...And the Care has to Start Somewhere, there is NO Way that Humpty can be healed by walking away, or ignoring the problems......This phrase keeps knocking about my brain....I worry,but I always worry...WHAT will be Enough, and is there Enough for the Common People ?.....Is there enough in the Stimulus Package that will help save jobs ? Make jobs ? Or is it a Chance for real change or MORE Big Corporations to bid on Big Projects ? Maybe I am jaded from too many Bush Corporatracy years....And I have mulled through the first two editions of the Package, I do realize that the States do each get certain projects that will protect some benifits for the newly unemployed and those facing unemployed, but I worry that the States will hand out the Construction Projects to More Criminal CEO's....

On another note.....When I think of All the Kings Men and All the Kings Horses...I worry....because I don't know or trust Summers or Geither and some of the Hearings have not been reassuring ....they have been as tense and uncomfortable as watching Paulson Lie and Squirm in the Fall.....It is "trust" issue...I know that...But I also know Obama is trying to address Needs and also provide Transparency...and because he is really working IT....I am trying to trust the Process...Susposedly it will save and create 133,000 jobs here in Ohio and many in most states....If it will save homes, jobs and schools here, I want to learn more and give it a solid chance....Is it risky ? maybe...but it is a Risk that we must embrace and educate ourselves about, and learn more.....( because the Media is not helping educate....it is up to us Bloggers to educate and advocate...again).

On another note...WE NEED SOMETHING...we don't need a bunch of men in suits staring and twiddling their thumbs as We The People hemmorhage jobs and health and education and homes.....and yes, let's be really clear, the Repugs and King George already in the Past 8 years devastated OUR Children's Economic and Educational futures.....NOT Obama or his team.....

For More Perspectives....
Obama sent out a Thank You tonight...and Link to the New Recovery Website.... Recovery.com..... this was a really good First Step. ( that and how he is traveling to The People has meant alot to people like me...struggling and on The Edge...)
First there is Rawdawg....
And when I need some sanity and clarity there is is always Robert Reich...
And then for another perspective there is David Corn.....
And then there is Fran at Ramblings ....

Highschool Students made this video about FDR and the New Deal....it is interesting looking at it from Their Perspective...

4 comments:

Annette said...

Recovery.gov is live already and it has some stuff up and going that is good. I think it will be fine. They already have several projects going in my state...bridges that need to be fixed..started one today as soon as the bill was signed..made a big deal in the news about it.

Travelingman Rick said...

I visited Recovery earlier today at work. As someone who works in construction one thing I will promise you Americans will be getting some really good prices on construction projects. We have seen bidding at incredibly competitive levels, we are all salivating for work. Nothing beats quality like price, low bid wins, but that is another blog altogether.

Fran said...

We had to start somewhere. At least this is money FOR the people. I wish the Pentagon had to scramble for money while healthcare and education was fully funded.

I know there can be graft along the way & we are going to have to keep close tabs, but all other money - huge sums have gone to war and wall street.
California is hurting & really having to take drastic measures. Interestingly they needed one more repug vote to pass some kind of tak hike measure for urgent relief, and even arhnold could not get a fgellow repug to budge. 20,000 gvmnt employees got pink slips & more to come.

The automakers are back scratching at the doors for more billions.

Better we grab some money & fund infrastructure & education, medicaid & other items for the people. This huge mess Bushco left is going to take decades to turn around. We are so used to instant fixes, and it;s just not going to happen. So anything for the little people is good. While it is there.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i just want to say i am flattered to be placed in the company of such great blogs such as u listed...but back on point, what gets me outside of tiny tim, is that no where do they tell me who they will be getting or borrowing this money from, thats transparency if u asked me