Monday, January 30, 2006

THE INMATES ARE LOOSE AND RUNNING THE COUNTRY



So last night we learned that the Senate did indeed vote to vote and end the debate of Scumlito and I guess we now for sure we will be seeing his Stand-by-Her-Bigot-Man Olivia Dehaviland reholpolstered wife up in the balconey with Mrs.Prozac tonight. And so sometime between the Vigorous Debate and the Cloture Vote The Democrats lost their Balls, can Anyone explain that to me.Is it like a Game of Clue? Frist did it in the Coat Room with a Hanger? ( okay I admit that sounded rude, but 38 NAYS and then for cloture it was down to 25???) I mean did they leave them over at Signatures Resturante? or in the Hillary's handbag? I want to know damnit, because it Mattered.,,,and it still does.I have seen newborn chimps at the zoo with bigger ones.

That being said I am grateful for Kennedy and Kerry for giving it their best shot, and if all of us need to write and call and raise Hell again I would do it in a Heart beat- because it was better than sitting here on my ass waiting to be spoonfed More Badshit Results. It was worth the Fight. ( and yeah , I need to put $7.45 in the Curse Jar for this post- so just grin and bear it- this is raw baby)

Now that being said, tonight is the King's Big Moment in the Pompous Delusional Spotlight . He struts out all cowboy swagger and the Band plays and he pretends to be all Humble and Shucks and Gee ain't I great - so kiss my ass Harry...and his wife smiles demurely from the Balconey with some stooge. ( My favorite will always be CurveBallSlamDunk Chilabi- but I am a traditional girl. I know that there will be some Token Purple Fingered Iraqi from Detroit and freshly scrubbed Katrina Victim Faces).

And I will keep my score pad : I get to eat MM's for the following words after I have tallied up. And yeah I have my case of marshmallows and a pair of old slippers I am saving for the Big Finale.
THE LIST:
(1) FIGHTING TERRA ( cause it's my mandate)
(2) THE WORLD CHANGED AFTER 911 ( cause I say so, so that is why I have to break the law and spy on ya')
(3) We're Spreading Democracy ( like fresh manure on Dale's farm)
(4) We're experiencing Economic growth ( really tell the Ford employees that...)
(5) We've had a prosperous year ( well, shit yeah- Exxon has)
(6) We are fighting crime, that is why you are safer, and cause I say so ( hmm, does he mean Rove,Duke or Delay or Scooter)
(7) The Medicare System has brought signifigant changes to better the lives of our elderly ( yeah, tell that to the old people buying catfood to take with their meds)
(8) Katrina taught us all So Many lessons ( yeah like to keep a fucking ax in the attic and write your name and social security number on your arm with Indelible Sharpie so that when you float down the street- somebody might Know you had a name and a home.)
(9) Katrina brought us ALL together ( shit yeah, unless you were black, poor, mexican, elderly, vietnamese, children, or sick, it must be a new Selective "Togetherness")
(10) Some Shit will be spewed about how Well the Iraq War is going, and the Changes and Freedom that NONE of us see because we know how to read and watch the News on TV. ( and not the Pat Roberts News)

And of course he will Belly Up to the Podium and lean all over it like a Tuesday drunk reaching for Friday's high.
And he will try to be Folksy and Cute, Victorious and Inspiring, and EveryDay Redneckman Done Good Patriot. ( and my sincere apologies to any Redneck members of the enigma posse).

And will the Senate or the House in anyway Honor US ? !? Those that Elected them and put them there. And yes, I am one of those people that wrote letters and emails all week BEGGING them to Vote NO on Alito and also to turn their Backs on this Lying Sack of Shit Criminal of a Leader....Or even better Walk Out....

BECAUSE WE THE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN LIED TO ENOUGH, AND THAT IS WHAT YOU DO WHEN SOMEONE LIES ENOUGH, YOU LEAVE THE ROOM.

24 comments:

michael the tubthumper said...

semi - relevant...

Peachum - “the law was made forr one thing alone, for the exploitation of those who don’t understand it, or are prevented by naked misery from obeying it. And anyone who wants a crumb of this exploitation for himslef must obey the law strictly”

Brown - “I see, then you believe our judges are corruptible”

Peachum - “not at all, sir, not at all. our judges are absolutely incorruptible: its more than money can do to make them give a fair verdict”

bertolt brecht - the threepenny opera

Lily said...

Good morning Enigma. A bit busy today, ironing my eyeballs and stocking up on vodka...come on over to my blog couch if you need a case.

Eric2 said...

A drinking game will not suffice for the SOTU speech. I think I'll just put on my bondage trousers and go shout at hoo-johnies in the WalMart parking lot.

NEWSGUY said...

Hey, Nurse. Would you send some of your stuff out to some editors and syndicators around the country? I mean you might have to clean it up a little for general distribution, but you have a real talent for getting at the heart of what is going on in the country these days. You have fire and anger and grace. You need a larger audience. Why not try to get published with paper and ink? I am dead serious. Get a paycheck for what you create. And do the Lord's work at the same time.

enigma4ever said...

TUBTHUMPER: Thank you for the VERY VERY relevant sentiments....sucks...When the 3 Penny opera is more accurate than anything in the paper...

LILLY: I will be over to your blog couch in a bit to rest my pissed off bones..vodka....hope there is enough.

ERIC 2 :you made me laugh...and I am heading to Walmart right now...this I gotta see. ( my son needs to spend the curse jar money)

NEWSGUY: wow...you almost left me speechless. "fire,anger,and grace"....really??? hmm. Considering I can't even get letters to the Editor published that might be tricky....I have had some interesting offline offers people wanting to publish WatergateSummer...but it is all worth a ponder...once I am done scraping my cerebrum off the ceiling....thanks for the compliment...( and coming from you an experienced journalist that is high praise)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I especially like all the bullet-holes in your warning sign, enigma!

Another good law quote for micheal tubthumper is from Dickens:

"If that's what the law says, then the law, sir, is an ASS!"

I like to say this to myself everytime I hear Bush & Gonzales justifying spying on us as a perfectly legal use of law. I expect to be saying it a lot tonight. D.K.

Anonymous said...

since everyone appears to be in a quoting mood, here is one on politics...

"politics is the art of controlling your environment" Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

and tonight we shall see just how good the repugs have become at that art...

i'll bet any Katrina references get the biggest ovations...

I miss the poor, dead S.O.B...even though he was demented and dangerous, he could still bring it on occasion...

enigma4ever said...

Maine Friend : I said it before I will say it again I miss Hunter and WHAT he would have said about this Fear & Loafing administration- and I am sure he would have been more eloquent than me...

DK: Hmm, I don't recognize that Dicken's Quote- but I sure like it.

Frog Friend: I expect a full and interesting Transcript analysis in the am....by then I will be done cleaning up what I have heaved at the tv.

Lily said...

damn them damn them damn them...I hate pre-speech pandering... "he's gonna say that now is the time to work together' If they would just shut up with yelling "partisan" at each other...if the dems do nothing, they win..if they speak up, they still win because then its partisan divisiveness..where's the bottle, en??

Unknown said...

Well, folks, I think a SOTU drinking game is a fine idea. Make it a party, and I'd come on over. Frankly, I can't stomach the speechifying. I'll take mine in text to comb over later a'la KVatch. Even then, I don't know that I will blog much about it. Every blogger and their mother's grandmothers will be saying somethin' about it. How original can that be?

Be careful y'all don't wretch your M&Ms over this charade.

Anyone care to take the long shot there's a terrorist attack aimed directly at the president to wipe out the whole lot this evening?

Yukkione said...

Every prison sign I've ever seen is shot full of holes. ok speach is coming on, time to pull my levys down and moon POTUS

enigma4ever said...

9:40 pm I could not watch the Emeror in Chief...I was too angry...fed up..so I have been reading and quietly burning candles-

And while sitting quietly I heard LOUD and LOUDER NOISE:
DRUMS AND MORE DRUMS AND POTS AND PANS ...and yes voices, loud and angry....young....'IMPEACH BUSH IMPEACH BUSH IMPEACH BUSH NO MORE BUSH...."

It is not a bad thing to live across from a college...I needed to HEAR Someone Else's ANGER....

Anonymous said...

Ya didn't miss much. Dems found the nerve to express dissent by vigorous clapping at inappropriate points in his speech.

There was one truly brave soul there ... Cindy Sheehan was arrested & removed from the gallery where she was an invited guest. Charged with unlawful conduct just before Bush arrived. Her crime? Wearing a T-shirt that said "2245 Dead - How Many More???" That really says it all. D.K.

Lily said...

I thought it was because she unfolded a banner? Did I hear wrong from my trusted SITUATION ROOM?

Good for the students. I was in pajamas by the start time, plus where I live they arrest people for...well, talking in loud voices.
Since you didn't catch it all, I'll spare you my mockery...

But the future of humanity appears to lie in WOOD CHIPS...

jurassicpork said...

That being said I am grateful for Kennedy and Kerry for giving it their best shot...

They're my homeboys. It was nice that I didn't have to write to either of my senators sunday night.

Good post, as usual, babe. I'll see you tomorrow.

enigma4ever said...

Whelp a gnite note to the Regulars here at the Cafe...sigh...well we seemed to have survived the "Speech"...jammis, stiff drinks and marshys, and even some choclate cookies, and we can all start fresh tommorrow...

He remains an Incompetent Imbecile and we ALL Know IT...and We Will get OUR Country back...just not tonight....

High Crimes and Misdeanors Still have Consequences...

Granny said...

I didn't have to write to my Senators either although I did once it (the filibuster attempt) was over to thank them.

Unknown said...

(11)America needs a level playing field to compete,with other countries.
(who make .25 cents an hour)
Somewhere in Texas a village is missing an idiot.

enigma4ever said...

Thanks for the visits and yes I saw about Cindy...then I posted a litte rant- but Yep-another Godamned blog by JP really explained it all...I am so tired of this King and his ways....But DK thanks for the update...and PT, Granny, and Within Reason thanks for stopping by....

Anonymous said...

e4e yeah, i hate to keep going on about the doc, but for good or bad, he was my hero and i admired the man's rapier wit...he got a good start on excoriating the current admin with his last book "Kingdom of Fear", you must have read it???

enigma4ever said...

You know Maine Friend- Yes, I too loved Hunter Thompspn, I have read BOTH Fear& Loaving(s) and Jackscrew, but I have not read Kingdom of Fear....( and I should have- and WILL..now that I knew Something was missing after Fear and Loaving in America....)( He is kind of like Kurt Vonnegut melded with Lewis Black-both who feed my soul...but totally an original- a genius...)

Anonymous said...

yeah, Vonnegut...his wit and charm are subtle but effective, whereas the doc would go right at ya and damn the consequences...lots of fluff in his last book...his talents had deteriorated, undoubtedly due to lifestyle, but the particular chapter that started the job on the repugs and the religious right was (dare i type it? dare, dare) "Jesus Hated Bald Pussy"...absolutely no offense meant by me to anyone of the female persuasion...

enigma4ever said...

Maine Friend: None taken...and also no offense was meant to our friends of the Feline persuasion either...Dare you type it ?! Dare...dare..Dare....


...actually yes, I am talking OLD Vonnegut and maybe Salinger is more accurate ( Catcher In the Rye- I read Fear the same summer- they go together well...Books are like cocktails - you have to read them together carefully)....BTW you have read Lewis Black's book right ????

Anonymous said...

e4e, o yes, i forgot about the feline vote...don't want to get them pissed off either...no, never heard of Lewis Black, so now I will add him to that ever-growing list of things to read...thanks!