Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tuesday December 23rd.....More Christmas Music


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Inn at Pacific Grove,Ca. a few years ago I used to walk my dog by this Inn.....it is so beautiful....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a beautiful song....by Mary Chapin Carpenter " 10,000 Miles- Fly Away Home",....this song is not a typical Christmas or Holiday Song, but it reminds me of all the places and people I miss at Christmas time....for someone like me, I have scattered memories and loving feelings for so many places....where my heart still lingers....the Northwest to the West Coast and California to Islands in the Gulf to New England to North New York to Baltimore ......and even to Asia where I have friends that I miss dearly.....The song and Video Montage are deeply moving....it's about Remembering and Holding Dear What Matters....In 2004 my son and I were living in a dilapitated Rooming House in Pacific Grove, and I used to walk by the Inn , thinking of what a real bath tub would be like, and not living in ONE room with a preteen would be like, it was a sad , difficult Christmas.....in many ways....and I told my son I was sorry we were not in a real Home for Christmas...and he said " but anywhere with you is Home".....I never forgot him saying that...and this song reminds me of him saying that as a wise child, my gentle giant, my old soul son..."Home is where the People you love are."....always....and really that is What Christmas is about...Home and the People that you Love......Enjoy the song Mary's "10,000 Miles, Fly Away Home".....

Ray Charles...."That Christmas Spirit"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

While your posting beautiful Christmas music, I've been posting nasty, partisan humor.

BUT COME SEE!

I whipped up a little something at "Elf Yourself"

You might get a chuckle.

Thanks for all the lovely videos :)

enigma4ever said...

Helen::
you are more than welcome my Cali friend....

I finally finished ALL my Christmas duties....just in time for the Ice Storm to move in with high winds....and I could use some humor ;-)

I will be right over....

cheers ;-)

Fran said...

That is a sweet story w your son. It is true.
We've got a full serving of chaos going on @ my house. ... not in a good way.

the stress load is pretty thick.

Sorry your temps are still heavy duty cold.

Hang in there....