Wednesday, August 30, 2006

REMEMBERING NOLA



[ I originally posted this October 20th,2005, mere weeks after Katrina. It was reposted in January 10th,2006 after one of the King's shameless Jim Beam swaggered visit. Impeach and Imprison remains my solution...]

I wrote this and called it" Why NOLA has to be Rebuilt". At the time on TV there were lots of Experts arguing about rebuilding NOLA, mostly the Business Sector. But I was concerned about it's Heart& Soul.....it's Culture, it's Way of Life. Now I just call it remembering NOLA, that is all I can call it. It is about What Katrina did to this country, it reminded us that Racism alive and well. We have been given a Wake Up Call.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

REMEMBERING NOLA...

It is a Way of Life,
It is deep hearted Blues,
It is gin soaked Jazz,
and grits,hushpuppies,and
fresh cornbread.
It is panfried shrimp with limes and hot sauce.
It is three day Gumbo that leaves you sweating and
thirsty.
It is Sunday Church where the buildings rock and
seismic sway.
It is the slideguitar pleading in the still of the night.
It is another Lonely Crooner sending shockwaves in an old
riverfront garage.
It is women swaying in gauzy dresses and men in
timeless suits.
It is granmommies lullabying babes, and singing
This Ol'Man with a hum and a roll.
It is where old folks are tended with loving gentle hands
and Respect.
It is where Family is a Way of Life.

In New Orleans a clock is merely an instrument,
But Time is a Place to be.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

THE FOUR VIDEOS BELOW ARE DEDICATED TO KATRINA. THEY ARE EACH BEAUTIFUL AND POIGNANT IN THEIR OWN WAY.
ONE IS A REQUIEM, ONE IS MADE BY A EVACUEE, THE OTHERS ARE ORIGINAL IN THEIR OWN RIGHTS. I WOULD HAVE HOPED THAT THE (MSM) MEDIA WOULD HAVE DONE BEAUTIFUL INVESTIGATIVE PIECES THIS WEEK, BUT INSTEAD THEY ARE ON THE BEAUTY QUEEN MURDERER WANNABE BAND WAGON AND CHASING POLYGAMISTS IN LAS VEGAS.I GUESS THEY WOULD RATHER HUMP POLICE STATE PROPAGANDA FOR THE APOCOLYPTIC ASSHOLE OF A KING, THAN THE TRUTH, SHAME ON THEM. SO WE MUST REMEMBER IN OUR OWN WAYS...

always......

****{{{ and since I am in a Katrina Funk...head over to MEL"S on the Blogroll- she has a great Limerick contest up and running- and in true HarperLee Wines Flannery O'Connor- she will feed your soul a much needed dose of satire }}}

11 comments:

enigma4ever said...

The four videos below are all different- they take about 20 minutes to watch- I hope they help you Remember, because I think we NEED to Remember, NEVER Forget...and Never Forgive....I think that this Administration, The Apocolypitic Asshole King and his Oily Ass Cronies, and "Brownie" and Cherry Chertoff - ALL need to face Criminal Charges for WHAT they did- it was Genocidal Abandonment.....and after Prison I hope they go to Hell- and that Hell is water 29 feet deep, infested with gators, snakes, and feces,bloated corpses in sweltering heat and that they have to swim it daily....waiting for food and water, and Help. And that no Help comes...Ever.

Donnie McDaniel said...

Thanks for the post. The blogswarm has been awesome. I am still trying to get to all the post. Those of us Louisiana bloggers were using that pic you see on the blogger round up I did today. We Are Not OK. Great pic that can be found on most of the La. sights that I have links to on my side bar.

meldonna said...

To sum it up? Fuck the fucking fuckers.

Thanks again for that poem; it celebrates the lifeblood of a special place, and a special people.

My thoughts, my love, and my heart goes out to all those who lost all.

enigma4ever said...

Donnie: I will do my best to send folks your way...God bless the Lousinana Bloggers...Blogland is honoring the South as the MSM never could...

Mel: once again you are so eloquent...

azgoddess said...

hugs to you my friend..check out one of my links - cosmic path...

what is it they say - great minds think alike? i say great hearts think alike!!

i love the NOLA concept...wonderful!!

DivaJood said...

Will have to see the videos tonight at home - can't watch them at work. But the poem is wonderful.

Did ya see the interview with Shrub standing in front of the Habitat For Humanity house = "I'm doing such a great job rebuilding" - what blatant manipulation of the truth.

billie said...

i think that the people of america can see through the lies and deceit. i hope they can for all of our sakes. as for racism, classicism, et. al, take a peek at sappho manifesto's blog (link is at my blog roll) and check it out for yourself. if this had been houston texas- you had better believe shit would have happened.

meldonna said...

Betmo, you might be right about Houston...but then again, I'm pretty sure Mother Babs would be more than happy to see the Fifth Ward flushed and bulldozed. Almost got her wish with Rita, too.

BBC said...

This is my first look at your blog, interesting. I was in the Navy when Kennedy was shot, stationed in Florida.

I was a young stupid kid. Wouldn't fight anyone elses fights for them now.

Richard said...

It's incredible, in fact it's almost unbelievable to see how little has still been done by BushCo for his 'fellow Americans'.

All those affected should know that the world outside is well aware of their ongoing plight, and why, and where the 'buck stops'.

FWIW, there's an 'Invitation to Impeach' link to an online petition, over at my place.

In the meantime, Enigma and everyone else, Never Give In! Never, Ever Give In! Never! Not Ever!

enigma4ever said...

Richard: Thanks so much for reminding me that it is IMPEACH Day....( I am updated)...hey we ain't giving up- NEVER....please see the KEITH video- he speaks for Millions.

BBC: Thanks for coming....

MEL: ain't that the Truth about Queen Babs and Houston

BETMO: right on- everything you said is sadly true...

DIVA: he is indeed a lying sack of shit....

AZ: thanks- love new links....

Take care all. Friday is almost here....