Wednesday, September 20, 2006

STEVE IRWIN'S MEMORIAL



ANIMAL PLANET tonight at 9pm aired what was susposedly the Memorial Service for Steve Irwin. I am not sure what it was. It was definently the oddest thing I have ever seen. I am still confused by it. It was susposed to be a small intimate service at his Zoo, and for the Keepers and his family and friends. And Terri was there with their children, and many families were there with their children. Yet it was a "Show", very staged. And interspersed with the service Animal Planet aired Interviews with "Hollywood", Kelly Ripa, Jason Timberlake and Cameron Diaz, and more " Stars". It made me sick. I am still wondering if the people sitting in the Zoo outdoor arena had to listen to Kelly Ripa ramble on...Maybe I just don't understand Animal Planet or Australia. Anyways please see the Wildlife Warriors site I posted earlier in the Month, it is doing fine work and you can honor Steve and his fine Conservation work.

3 comments:

azgoddess said...

thought you might like to see this -- it was in my blog while you were away

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1160831880

my daughter is very creative and she did a video about steve for her son...

azgoddess said...

looks like it got cut off - the web address

when you get a chance - wander over to my blog and look at 9/12 - busy day - 'my daughter' link

you will love it!!

enigma4ever said...

Thanks AZ- I will check it out...for sure....I am a bit psised at Animal Planet right now...so I need something more real..