Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A TRIBUTE TO LOVE....the Forever Kind




^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

So Late last night I watched "In Her Shoes" ,which was sweet in a sensitive way, and when it was over I switched over to CNN before calling it a night. And they had the Breaking News Report about Steve Irwin's Death. I was thunderstruck as anyone. I was deeply sad for his young wife and his small children left behind. I thought how 44 is so young. And how their lives were woven together like a fine everlasting fabric, but 16 years is not long enough. But I also think their Love was unique from the very first day.

And yet in "In Her Shoes" there is a lovely poem about Love that came to mind. The Poem is "I carry your heart with me" by eecummings.


^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
I carry your heart with me
(I carry it in my heart)
I am never without it.
(anywhere I go you go my dear,
and whatever is done by only me
is your doing my dear)

I fear no Fate
(for you are my fate,my sweet)
I want no world,
(For beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always
meant and whatever a sun will always sing is you.

Here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life ; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that 's keeping the stars apart

I carry your heart ( I carry it in my heart)

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

No comments: