Friday, January 05, 2007

We The People need more Keith Olbermanns....Now.



Who should the Media be listening to? This is more an open thread that started in my head , so please bear with me, while I ponder this. My question is this, the media has for so many monthes humped the Delusional King's Agenda. There have been very few Voices that have brought Truth to the People. I came name them on one hand. They are indeed Brave Souls and they Risk their jobs daily. Keith Olbermann has led the way. Anderson Cooper also has shined. Jack Cafferty is definently on the List. Joe Scarbourough seems to have also joined in, even though he is politically conflicted at times, but he seems to have indeed entered the Frey. We need More Voices.

We the People have resorted to News and Information and even Investigations from some very odd assorted "Sources", BBC, The Guardian, John Stewart, Dave Letterman, Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel, Harpers Magazine,The New Yorker, The Rolling Stone, Vanity Fair.It is even true that Book Sales are up. It is true in all previous Dark Times in History when a Government Muzzles the Press and Speech , people seek Comediennes and Underground Papers. We are in such a Dark Time.

Why doesn't MSM, especially after this last Election Tsunami , try to work more with the New Journalists, yes, Bloggers and online Papers. There are many fine Blogs that have been filling in the Sinkholes that MSM is waltzing around. Crooks& Liars, Raw Story, Daily Kos, Truthout, Media Matters,Craig Crawford,Skippy,Democracy Now, Huffington Post, FDL and so on and so on. They should start to recognize these Blogs, Online Papers are actually covering Real Issues and Read Everyday by Real People. They don't answer to any Big Money Companies or worry about Ad revenue, so they actually have Integrity. And if only they would interview People with Integrity too, not just the AEI ( American Extortion Institute...). Is it really too much to want Integrity and Truth back in Journalism.

My Point is that this Bush Regime has been Wagging the Dog to damn long, and Now Lives Depend on Change More than ever. 20,000 to 30,000 lives to be honest.....Journalistic Integrity has become a Mather of Life and Death.

2 comments:

enigma4ever said...

Speaking of Blogs....I am updating my blogroll this weekend,since Blogger was not letting me this week, been staggery again- I don't know why...

Anyways- that being said- please let me know if you need to be added to the blogroll- or if I promised and it looks like it isn't there...thanks...I am trying...

PS. Yes, I know it is the RCA dog...blah blah...But It was for sale on Ebay -so I don't think anyone can lecture me about copyright infringement, esp, considering the artists is long dead....so yeah you can kiss my.....

enough..have a good weekend...

sumo said...

You are so right about the recognition, and I do think more are coming to the good side of the force.