Thursday, January 04, 2007

Women Are Now in DC, Mr.Bush, Deal with It..... 1.04.07




It is now Thursday Evening of the First day of the Power Shift in Washington DC. Today Nancy Pelosi was voted in as Speaker and also sworn in, it was a Powerful Moment.( There is a song to go with this moment, click the title). She let Future Generations, Children not only come and watch their government, she let them Touch the Gavel, Touch Power. I watched this moment with my son, and was awestruck that I have waited so many years for just this moment. I made cookies to celebrate and honor him and honor the Mother that is in ALL women. Women have now come to DC, and they have come because the Delusional King has sent Our Children into a FALSE WAR,a Battlezone. It is up to Mothers and Women to remind the Republican Blowhards in DC that Life is Sacred. It is time for us to help end the Corporatocracy in DC that is crippling this Country.

Iraq, a Senseless Excuse of a War, was WHAT brought People, We the People, to the Polls, because we have seen 1000's of Lives Wasted, and families shredded apart by Greed and Ignorance and Arrogance. We the People had new meaning at the Polls in November, it was Parents, Grandparents, College Students, Hard Working Poor and Middle Class that showed up and supported Change. It was up to Real People to remove the Well Tarnished Silver Spoon from King George's Mouth and Put it in a whole new location. People also came to the Polls to SUPPORT the Troops and the Troops Families, because they know that they are being treated as Expendable and Cannon Fodder.

This Blog will be evolving and changing over the next month, I am embracing Women, and Women of History, yet you will see them in More Womanly Forms. ( You all may have seen the Devorrs Pinup 1942 Lovely that I posted on New Years Eve). Why you may ask , isn't that disrespectful ? No. The Suits in DC have forgotten that Living Breathing Women, even at their most lovely and shapely are THINKERS. So yes, I will be partly doing it to Piss off the Few Trolls I still have. I also am doing it to Honor Women and show WHO we are. During WWII Pinup Girls were Huge, but not because they were just Lovely, inspiring, and Morale Boosting, but because the Artists were also trying to say Thank You for ALL of the Women that were Manning the Country, and the War Plants. ( That is also WHY Rosie the Riveteer is posted below). And yes, on another note I think remembering a bit of History and Womens' Roles is not so cumbersome for a few of my regular fellows.Many of my regulars that write me offline are VETS, and I honor them as well, so it is a bit of a gift back to them as well. But I also am doing it to Honor the Women Bloggers, there are now 100's of us, that just like WWII and the Resistance during WWII , we have brought Energy and Voices that this Battle against the Bush Regime needed. As a Single Mom with a teenager, I am deeply committed to fighting this Regime tooth and nail to protect my son and All of Our Children. I believe that there is Power in the Pen and the Phone, and even in this Blog to help better protect and advocate for Our Children.

This blog will continue to be a the Enigma Cafe, the Coffee Shop, with Thoughtpieces, Laughter,Angst,Snark,Humor, Music, Dialogue, and YouTube. If you send me pictures or YouTube I do try to post.I will be blogging alomost Daily this year. ( Yes Enigma has lost her marbles). I also am updating my Blogroll and if you want to be listed please let me know, as it has been damaged a few times this year, and I don't want Anybody Excluded. I also am open to hosting Guest Bloggers if anyone is interested. I will continue to blog on ALL issues that effect us, and yes, there will be alot about Getting Out Of Iraq. And yes, you can bet I have Hope that there is still Another Long Overdue Watergate Summer Coming to End this Age of Corruption...Peace. Namaste.

{Video below dedicated to VETS, and the troops and also their families]

Arms of the angel Fallen hero's tribute

7 comments:

Mary said...

Girl Power! Love Rosie. She is a great symbol of female strength.

Peacechick Mary said...

I had to listen to Nancy Pelosi's speech again - it was so refreshing. It was hard not to compare it with the total crapweasel stuff we've been hearing, but the tone and the intelligence behind her speech was outstanding. I applaud you, E4E for what you are doing and will do my best to support you in it.

enigma4ever said...

Mary and Peacechick You all rock...we gotta helluve a year to look forward to....We all take care of each other...that is how this works..look what WE did for the Elections???

Anonymous said...

The positive thing that I would say about Bush is, I don't think he has a problem with women. In fact, I think he prefers to deal with them....

The democrat part, though....

enigma4ever said...

Oh Jill, I think it all comes down to how you mean "deal" , now if you mean lying for him ? "clearing brush", or kissing his....well, you get my drift...BUT on the whole, no he does not like women....at all...He is very disrespectful- and his policies all show it...( most repugs cling to the religous stuff hoping to put us in our "proper" place)....

and the democratic part- welll enuf said on that....

and he had a bad day- Harry Meieirs his main girl ( WH Counsel) resigned bright and early...OUCH...

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of women you've been posting. They are lovely & real. I don't know if I can stomach much more of this new-found repub wish for bipartisanship, though. This from the same people who for the last 6 yrs put party ahead of country. I know I know, as a woman, I should be more forgiving. But it's hard.

Now the women in Bush's life ... Harriet Meiers: even Bush finally realized she was too much a lightweight to handle the heavy duty of all the subpoenas he's expecting momentarily. Negroponte's moving into State Dept where Condi has proven the peter principle. Laura & Miss Beezley periodically escape to a DC motel because no one measures up to Mumsy. The twins were promised to a Saudi prince at birth to solidify the family fortunes. And tonight Andrea Merkel is back in town with a shoulder bodyguard. Or so I imagine. ~~ D.K.

enigma4ever said...

It is 3:30am and I can't sleep...
and I just watched Chris chew out Trent Lott...that was a hoot...
I think I am waiting WHAT is next , the first 100 hours are critical...gonna be a helluva ride....