Saturday, December 09, 2006

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT AND BEAUTIFUL

Art of Monet


The person who made this is a genius. They remembered how wonderful it is to combine music and art, Fine Art. When my son was a baby I used to walk to art galleries with him. I showed him all kinds of art, modern, abstract, Impressionism. His favorite was Hopper.
He was a baby, but later when he was 11 and I showed him a Hopper card from a friend, he said he remembered seeing the Hopper exhibit.I was stunned, but I didn't question him on it.I used to go the galleries and have a Walkman with double headphones.I like to think
in my heart that it didn't cause brain damage.....

Remember to share Art and Music with your children....Their Souls need it.
All of Our Souls Need it.

6 comments:

Coffee Messiah said...

Creativity surely helps to be a creative thinker also!
Seems that since the Arts have been slowly taken out of
the schools, well, look what we have going on in the World today.
It's obvious GW ain't no creative person, inside or out ; (((((

Nice post BTW, Thanks!!!!

Anonymous said...

what a lovely sunday morning ride you took us on ... up all the waterways, parks, garden flowers ... peaceful windmills ... this is what church should be like, not that soul-killing dobson agenda. thank you for restoring a bit of life's great beauty today.

re: giving children the gift of art ... sometimes it just doesn't take ... my mom loved to tell of how when she took me as a small child to a local museum featuring western art, that my sole comments afterward were criticisms of the FRAMES that the paintings were mounted in! ~~ D.K.

Anonymous said...

Ilove many impressionist artists...thanks enigma

enigma4ever said...

Thanks friends....I just needed a tiny little trip to an art museum....with just a light serenade in the backgroud...and why not take some friends along ?

DK: yup...my son prefers REAL art- he says Impressionism looks like someone painted without their glasses... ( he likes Dali and Hopper and Rockwell....)....now that being said about "Western Art"..if it is just paintings of cowboys and dirt and horses and dirt.. wow..the horses are nice...but other wise it is well...a whole lot of dirt.....I know I have a bad attitude...

For me it is all about color...and when I walk around downtown I have seen some amazing grafetti, and I keep wondering if these kids had seen some art and had some classes- imagine all that creativity....amd talent....

Peacechick Mary said...

How relaxing! A chance to breath and remember the beauty that is in and around us. I remember a story about an artist who when asked why he painted the bridge purple responded, "Because it pleases me." It pleases me. I like that.

vanillabirdies said...

Oh how lovely, it is incredibly important for children to be around music and art. We all thrive with it.

It's a look into someone else's soul.