Wednesday, December 06, 2006

SEARCH AND RESCUE: TECH COMMUNITY ESSENTIAL TO RESCUE JAMES KIM




This is a messege to Blogatopia about the missing Dad in Oregon.
As of today Wednesday December 6th 1pm James Kim remains Missing, but there is hope that
he is Alive and attempting to even assist in his own rescue, please read go to the attached websites
and offer prayers, support, and if assistance if able.
So far the Tech Community had offered great assistance that has enabled to help the Family's car to
be located and Kati and the girls. Now today his father has assisted the Rescue with
Care Packages to be dropped that may assist in his rescue.

This is truly a situation of Hope, Ingenuity and Courage.

**** On another note I have pondered this before in driving cross country and up and down the West Coast,
and I know I am not the first weary traveler to ponder the hazards of travel.
QUESTION: Why can't Google or Yahoo on their maps come up with Hazard Coding on their Maps ?

THE FOOTNOTE:
Sadly I wrote this piece and had just finished it and was adding the link and Breaking News his body had just been found.

3 comments:

enigma4ever said...

Hope is after all more Fragile than Life sometimes....
I didn't have the heart to take the post down...
I didn't want to dishonor this Man and his family and the Hope and Inspiration that flooded millions...

namaste....

( In asia in times of pain they say Namaste, not as in "Many Blessings" or "In prayerful thanks"...but it means "I am with you even in this pain"...

( aThai social worker taught me that lesson during the Tsunami aftermather...but that is a story for another day)

Anonymous said...

Mr Kim tried the only thing left to try when no help came. he was brave for his family.

when even a hardened county sheriff can barely get the words out on tv, you know how horrible it was for the rescue teams not to find him in time.

enigma, you asked a very good question about GPS & other web maps. I've found them wrong so many times (wrong routes, wrong side of street, wrong names of roads) that I no longer trust them. especially after this awful news. ~~ D.K.

enigma4ever said...

Thanks DK...I do hope that Google will relook at their maps- I think they will. The family had checked the maps for construction etc, but it was not enough..sadly...