Friday, December 08, 2006

BEST CHRISTMAS STORY First Week December 12.8.06( The Ralphie Awards)



So we all are slogging through the Christmas Holidays.
Here by the Great Lakes it is 16 friggin degrees and besides jobhunting with a vengence and a Scrooge attitude I have been searching the Blogs for heartwarming stories. I decided that every week now until Christmas I am going to award a Ralphie Award for the Best Christmas Story. One that is like a Great Big Hug that makes your heart sing .....even when it is 16 degrees.

(just click the title and you will reach Pissed Off Patricia over at Morning Martini and her Cat Fred posted this great story on Friday December 8th, "Friday Story Time with Fred the Cat. Be sure to have Kleenex and nog ready, and stop by and give her a Hug, she is a wonderful Bloggeress and this story is What Christmas is all about.)

**( The Ralphie Award is of course based on the classic movie the Christmas Story, and the art is of course Norman Rockwell.)**

4 comments:

Spadoman said...

I'm a PoP junkie myself. She writes great stuff. I'll reach down and see if I can come up with a Christmas story for you.

In the meantime, what Great Lake are you near? I am on the shores of Lake Superior. It was 16 here too. 26 yesterday was the high. Spose to get to 32 today. Yipeee! We need more snow!

Mary said...

A well deserved award for PoP!

pissed off patricia said...

Thank you! Thank you! I shall put it in a place of honor.

I posted a different Christmas story last Friday and I will post another next Friday as well.

Again, thank you so much :)

(stay warm!)

Anonymous said...

What I love about Christmas most is the stories. I was very lucky. My childhood home was the kind of big comfortable place all the relatives would stop by all day long, from about noon until the wee hours. Alcohol flowed, sure, but also much love & hugging. Being a scots-irish family, we didn't show too much affection all year, kind of saved it up for the big day I guess. Boy do I miss some of my drunken uncles, part of the greatest generation, the ones who didn't talk much, but grabbed every little neice & nephew & held on tight for that precious few minutes each year. ~~ D.K.