Friday, April 24, 2009
The Heart of the Matter :The Shock and Awe of Torture is About Who we are as a People and Our Moral Compass.....
I have been encouraging people to Look at ALL the Memos, read them, and look at the data and the Photos. And I have been encouraging people to sign the Petitions, because I am trying to encourage people to express their Moral Outrage , Their Angst that ANY of this was Ordered or Covered Up For Seven Years and Done in OUR names. And the Public Out Cry must be loud to support and strengthen President Obama's Position in this situation. Many People expect President Obama to do Something to reset the Moral Compass. But over this week while rereading The "Memos", and the 232 Page Armed Services Report, and the Red Cross Report, as well as some new sites about Abu Ghahiab I had a striking epiphany. ( Do read my Earlier post this week on Torture and other Crimes it has much information did not know before, even corpses, it is linked to the title).
There is the very real possibility it can not be Investigated or Prosecuted by Any American Institution or Legal System and yes, that includes Attorney General and his team....that ALL the Data and Evidence will have to be turned over to the International Courts.....but it does not mean we should not Demand Truth and Justice.
(1) There is a problem with the Current AG and JD Investigating and Prosecuting this case. Under Bush it now appears that His Legal Officials and Team Rewrote and Manipulated Laws to Protect Their Orders. They performed semantic surgery on Our Moral and Legal Codes at the Highest Level to carry our Orders and Protect the White House. So the Justice Department and Our Laws were indeed Compromised at the Very Highest Level to Legalize War Crimes. In the History of World Events this was only prosecuted one other time when a Leader manipulated his Country's Legal System to perpetrate Crimes against Humanity.
(2) There is also the very real possibility that because it involves Crimes in Multiple Countries that many International Laws may have been broken. The Geneva Conventions were violated, but that is only a piece of this criminal puzzle. It is good that Now Our Current CIA Director is closing the Black Prisons, and they can now be viewed or treated as Crime Scenes, and evidence may indeed need to be Collected, investigated and Gathered , even by Holder and then given to the International Courts.
(3) The fact that Multiple Agencies are involved in this Situation, including Military, CIA, Intel Agencies, FBI, Justice Department,
and yes, Paid Contractors and yes, that the White House indeed Orchestrated and ORDERED these Events. It also Ordered Medical Personnel, Doctors and Nurses and Medics to participate and Facilitate the events. WHO could possibly review and investigate ALL of this Evidence. Thankfully the ALCU with FOIA Process has indeed requested thousands of pages of documents and photos and video that once release show the shame and Horror of this. And the Public should be shown The Truth. Another real concern is that a Special Prosecutor or Team would keep all of the Evidence Private, hidden, Secret, we need to see the Truth.
(4) And I can not help but worry how Bush Infested is the Current Justice Department ? Has he cleaned house ? Does he have enough of a New Team to Investigate Torture ? Is it possible that he would still have to turn the Investigation and Date to A Higher Court, an International Court ?
(5) Secretary Gates said on April 23rd Statement to the Press that he and his team do not support ANY Secrets, which means that he wants the truth Public. Hours Later the Pentagon did state they plan to release more than 2000 Photos, and the photos tell the story and show the cruel inhumane treatment, and show it was Systemic. ( ACLU had expected 40 photos via FOIA, but it will be 400 cases with over 2000 photos). These Photos will more than crumble the Bad Apple Defense, they will show Methodical Ordered Torture.
(6) On a World Level, the World does need to see Our Angst , Our Outrage so they know that we did not and do not Condone or Support What the Bush Regime did....
We need to ask WHY Children were Imprisoned at Abu Ghahriab and Gitmo , This photo of the little boy is from Abu Gahraib in 2003/3004 and there is more about it at this link, But we also need to remember there were 4 Children under 16 at Gitmo- and ask what Happened to them ?..... This link shows teenage girls that were held and mistreated and worse.
There were War Crimes and Torture Ordered by the Bush Regime....there must be Justice. Do write to your Elected Reps, Senators and Congressmen, and ALCU and the AG and ask for Justice, in whatever Form it needs to come....It is not just about Needing Obama to be strong on this, it is about us, we need to strong too...We need to have Courage and Face this Critical Moment....because What was Ordered and Done by the Bush Regime is UnAmerican.
As you listen to this Song..." This is not America" that David Bowie performed in 2000 and wrote in the 80's, before this moral downfall started....scroll down and look at the photos and posts below....there is plenty to ponder and take to heart....and do click the title, it has my most extensive post on Torture in 5 years and many links full of Evidence and photos.
The Symphony of Lies...The Question is did the Bush Regime Order and Legalize Torture to try to Force the Connection Between Saddam and Al Queda, did they Commit War Crimes in an attempt to Justify an Illegal War....is THAT What It was All about....ask yourself.
Distributor Cap explains Nuremberg Trials in this post and brings up some History about World Justice that we must keep in mind.
and the latest Perspective by Marjorie Cohn explains even more details.
As Newsguy says:
"It is time for everyone to write to our Senators, our Congressional Representatives and the White House. Or call the White House. They keep track of those calls. (202) 456-1111."